Complaint Review: ABC Distributing / LTD Commodities

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2007

• Reported By:Houston Texas
ABC Distributing / LTD Commodities
www.abcdistributing.com Northbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

ABC Distributing / LTD Commodities Sending me to collection agencies for someone else's bills!!! Northbrook Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Resolved

I moved from Louisiana to Texas several months ago and submitted a new order with ABC Distributing and my order was canceled right away and I was told my account was past due. I did not understand as this was my first order and it was canceled - what could be past due?

Soon afterward I got a past due statement for numerous items ordered by two other individuals who happen to work for the same company as I do! They had not paid their bill and apparently ABC was going to make me pay their bill.

I explained to ABC/LTD that I did not know those people and why they would arbitrarily add people onto my account and then hold me responsible was beyond my understanding.

I have now been contacted by a Collection Agency since LTD claims I have chosen not to contact them (I guess the numerous letters I sent don't count) about these so called past due items. I have written the Collection Agency a very aggressive letter as well as LTD as this will affect my credit score!

I have also as of today filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against ABC/LTD.

How in the world do I stop this craziness? I have even given the names and phone numbers of the people that are past due to both the Collection Agency and to LTD - to no avail. Can I sue? I have fought hard to get out of debt for what? For something stupid like this to mess my credit up?

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2007 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Distributing-LTD-Commodities/Northbrook-Illinois-60065/ABC-Distributing-LTD-Commodities-Sending-me-to-collection-agencies-for-someone-elses-bi-279335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Distributing / LTD Commodities

AUTHOR: Leesa - (U.S.A.)

November 7, 2007

Dear Debby,

Our records indicate that you spoke to an LTD representative on 10/26/07 and your information was removed from further collection activity.

Should you have any further questions or concerns you may contact us at

abc distributing / LTD Commodities LLC