Complaint Review: ABC Distributing

• Submitted: Tue, December 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 19, 2006

• Reported By:Simi Valley California
ABC Distributing
2800 Lakeside Drive Bannockburn, Illinois U.S.A.

I ordered 6 items, 6 weeks ago for Christmas gifts. Three of those items arrived 12/18/06. #1 item price $4.95, shipping and handling $3.71, #2 item $5.95, shipping and handling $4.46, #3 item $6.95, shipping and handling $5.21.* Total price of items $17.85, total shipping and handling charges $13.38. WHAT A DEAL.

I contacted their Customer Service, was on hold for 30 minutes. The customer service rep said I could only return the items if they were damaged or broken. And then I had to pay shipping charges to return them in addition to the shipping charges of $13.38 I already paid. I asked why I received one item at a time and was told they have many warehouses and some items are shipped from different warehouses, that is why the shipping charges vary. I told her this was highway robbery and how can they get away with this. Well she replied, "We have been in business for 40 years".

I then asked for a supervisor , she replied with "We do not have a supervisor here". I still have 3 more items coming that were shipped out today. I can't wait to see the charges on those. I wish I had reviewed this site before I ever ordered. I can say, Please do not order from this company.

Simi Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2006 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Distributing/Bannockburn-Illinois-60015-6016/ABC-Distributing-RIP-OFF-SHIPPING-CHARGESBUYER-BEWARE-Bannockburn-Illinois-226381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Distributing