Complaint Review: ABC Distributing

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 01, 2009

• Reported By:san diego California
ABC Distributing
2800 Lakeside Drive Bannockburn, Illinois U.S.A.

ABC Distributing Don't be fooled! Bannockburn Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: abc distributing Announces New and Improved Shipping Rates

*Author of original report: I didn't do anything wrong

*Consumer Suggestion: Ship it all back

I have ordered from this company for over 20 years. When they were in Florida, it was a place you ordered quantities of items, so orders were delivered together, usually.

First problems came when they merged with LTD and moved to IL. I had two orders that got lost in the shuffle back then, finally got them, but months later.

Since moving to IL, every time I order, even if it's a long list of items, they ship everything separately, DESPITE my requests. They have put fragile things in non padded mailers, sent it bulk rate and charged me $6+ for something that weighed less than 8 ounces! In one order, they did this 7 times. I refused to pay the full amount of postage. They kept sending me "reminders" and I kept saying I wouldn't pay. The charges still show up on my account, but I haven't heard anything for a year and my credit report shows no activiity from them.

They still send me catalogs in duplicate. They still send me emails offering me deals. I couldn't help myself and I placed another order. I got half of it, with postage charges that were fair, but the other two items are backordered for TWO MONTHS!! Actually, there were 6 items, but I got a fax, almost immediately, that the two half price items were sold out.

I don't know why they can't keep their online catalog up to date. There is no reason to offer things that they don't have in stock!

It is also very hard to contact them. To email, you must use their web form. It doesn't always get a reply. No toll free phone numbers and I once sat on hold for over 30 minutes on a call.

Unless it's an item you can't live without, don't order. Always factor in a MINIMUM of 50% more to the cost for postage. Buyer Beware!!

Cathie
san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Distributing/Bannockburn-Illinois-60015/ABC-Distributing-Dont-be-fooled-Bannockburn-Illinois-311787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Distributing

abc distributing Announces New and Improved Shipping Rates

AUTHOR: Jodi S - (U.S.A.)

Hi Cathie!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on abc's shipping policies.

At abc distributing, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you'll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.abcdistributing.com or let me know how I can answer any questions by emailing me at helpline-abc@abcdistributing.com.

Thanks!

Jodi
Account Specialist
abc distributing

I didn't do anything wrong

AUTHOR: Cathie - (U.S.A.)

The postage money I sent them was more than they paid to the P.O. (I checked) and they CLAIM they only charge you what they pay, so that plus $1 was NOT ripping them off. Plus, once you open something, you can't just seal it back up use and "return to sender" to return it for free!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

If you don't agree with the shipping rates after receiving the merchandise, send it all back marked Refused, return to sender. They won't charge you for the shipping then. You cannot accept and use the merchandise and then refuse to pay shipping rates. While I agree their shipping rates may be high, by keeping the merchandise and not paying the total invoice, you are stealing from the company.

#4 Consumer Suggestion