Complaint Review: ABC Financial Services/ Anytime Fitness

• Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: Irate — Yuma Arizona
ABC Financial Services/ Anytime Fitness
PO Box 6800 Sherwood, Arkansas United States of America

ABC Financial Services/ Anytime Fitness fleeced, cheated, and hoodwinked Sherwood, Arkansas

*Author of original report: Closure

*Author of original report: Reply

*Author of original report: Rebuttal Revisited

*Author of original report: Refutation

*Author of original report: Sceptical

*UPDATE Employee: ABC Financial

On December 24, 2010 (my 43rd birthday), I arrived at Anytime Fitness, Hollywood, FL to work out, only to discover that the facility had closed as of that date.  The owner, Guy Del Borello, provided no notice, and no way of contacting him; he  suggested that members contact ABC Financial, which was closed until the 27th.  Although I had a receipt that proved that I had paid $95 (on 12/08/2010)for dues from 12/09/2010 to 03/09/2011, both ABC Financial and Anytime Fitness refused to accept responsibility for the fraud perptuated by Mr Del Borello.  John Betancourt, the employee to whom I had made the payment, claimed that their system was down each time that I inquired during the prior two weeks.  Consequently, I paid cash instead of using my credit card as I has always done.  Although Jonathan of ABC Financial said that Mr Del Borello informed them on 12/12/2010 of his intention to close the facility, neither Mr Del Borello, nor Mr Betancourt (who saw me at the gym on the 22nd) bothered to tell me, thus ensuring that I could not recover $80, the prorated dues from 12/24/2010 to 03/09/2011. This was despite my being a courteous member who always paid promptly.  I later discovered that ABC Financial had charged my credit card $31 for January.  They refunded that $31, but refused to refund the remainder although Jonathan at ABC Financial originally assured me I would get my money back.  Their offer to transfer my membership to Fort Lauderdale was useless, because bicycling home at night in that city would have been exceedingly dangerous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Financial-Services-Anytime-Fitness/Sherwood-Arkansas-72124/ABC-Financial-Services-Anytime-Fitness-fleeced-cheated-and-hoodwinked-Sherwood-Arkans-1038872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Financial Services/ Anytime Fitness

Closure

I got my refund check.

Ms Cook,

If you follow through and mail the refund that you mentioned, I will update my report accordingly.

Hello,

I do apologize for any miscommunication however; I am not showing any communication between ABC and the club owner on or around December 10, 2010. As a courtesy, we are going to submit a refund check in the amount of $95.00. Please email me so that we can confirm that your address on file is correct.

Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com

Rebuttal Revisited

Ma'am,

Jonathan at ABC Financial told me (in January, 2010) that you were informed of Guy Del Borello's plan to close the club on 12/10/2010. However, if you are now willing to refund my money, I will e happy to send an email.

Hello,

ABC was made aware of the clubs closure on December 24, 2010 which was the same day we stopped billing on all accounts. Im sorry to hear that the Florida Department of Consumer Services was unable to assist in satisfying your complaint. I would like to discuss your account further and see about getting a refund processed back to you. Can you please email me at Stephanie.Cook@abcfinancial.com?

Refutation

Ms Cook,

As you are undoubtedly aware, I did contact the FL Dept. of Financial Services, and although I documented my claims, they took no action because I paid cash. Had the club's payment system not conveniently malfunctioned for two weeks, they would have ensured that justice was done. I find it interesting that you felt no need to inform members of Mr. Del Borello's impending larceny.

Hello,
I understand your frustration with your previous health club however; ABC Financial is not liable for any payments that were made directly to the club. Members that have requested a refund regarding pre-paid dues made directly to this Anytime Fitness location instead of transferring to another ATF facility have been advised to contact the Florida Department of Consumer Services. Their phone number is 1-800-435-7352.

Please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com if you have any further questions for ABC Financial.

Sceptical

Ms Cook,

We went through this process in 2011. I provided my membership agreement number, et cetera, and after a couple of days, you reiterated ABC Financial/Anytime Fitness' position that you bore no responsibility for the swindle perpetrated by Mr. Del Borello. Has your position changed? If so, I will provide the relevant information.

Sincerely,

Irate

Hello,
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.