Complaint Review: ABC Financial Services

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: Steve Glaus — Cartersville Georgia United States of America
ABC Financial Services
Acworth Summit Blvd Acworth, Georgia United States of America

ABC Financial Services Gold's Gym/LifeQuest Fitness Billing Pracitices Acworth, Georgia

I am currently on the phone (and have been for an hour) with ABC Financial, the company that handles billing for Large Gym chains Golds Gym, Lifequest Fitness (I'm sure there are others).

I've been trying to cancel my membership. I've been put on hold 4 times. Hung up on twice, left on hold, etc. I've yet to speak to a manager. Suddenly, my membership is not for one year as it states on my contract but a year and 6 months.

A month after I signed up there was a charge of 100 dollars on my bank account from some sort of supplemental service fee that I was not aware of.

I blame myself for this - I didn't read the contract - I know I should have.I specifically asked at the time of signing regarding other fees and was told there was only the monthly fee. ABC Financial flat out refused to refund the additional fee and stated my only option was to 'buy out' my contract. I elected to wait until my contract expired ( I should have bitten the bullet ).

This company and it's subsidiaries are RIFE with unfair and unscrupulous billing practices. I will never be doing business with them or any of their ilk ever again. Again, I have to accept full blame for this situation but the hidden clauses and hidden fees as well as the difficulty in cancelling one's account are dirty at best.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Financial-Services/Acworth-Georgia-30101/ABC-Financial-Services-Golds-GymLifeQuest-Fitness-Billing-Pracitices-Acworth-Georgia-848771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Financial Services