Complaint Review: ABC Gift Cards

• Reported By: Dano72 — San Diego California United States of America
ABC Gift Cards
319 US Highway 130 STE. 123 East Windsor, New Jersey United States of America

ABC Gift Cards Sent in Gift Card, never got paid. East Windsor, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Call? No.

*UPDATE Employee: Re:

On May 27, 2012, I signed up for an account with ABC Gift Cards, wanting to trade a $50 gift card that I wasn't going to use for an Amazon gift certificate (Order #129763).  I sent in the card via USPS after paying the $13.25 processing fee via PayPal.  On June 21st, after not hearing anything for a while I wrote to the company regarding the status of my gift card. I got an email back from 'Michelle' on July 10th stating that they haven't gotten anything other than my fee, and them asking if I "had sent it with a tracking number". I knew where this was going - whenever you don't send something with tracking, then its your word against theirs.

They could be looking right at your package in their hand and they can still say - "sorry, never got it! Thanks for your continued business :)". The fact is I did not send it with a tracking number, but I shouldn't have to;  Bank of America gets my mortgage payment every month just fine with regular mail. [continued below]....
.....  And I see I'm not the only one that this has happened to (see complaint from 'Jesse' here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/abc-gift-cards/cash-services/east-windsor-new-jersey-03084.htm).  At this point I knew I had been scammed (or just the victim of a mismanaged company, still the same outcome), so I asked for at least the $13 back; no word since. Funny, that.

Bottom line - abc if you are reading this you have to make EVERY transaction matter, unless you are in the business to rip people off.  I see you answered Jesse, so perhaps there is some hope.  You cant allow your sales department to wait weeks at a time to respond to an email, and if you really don't get the card from a customer in the mail, refund the processing fee. If you are indeed that busy, help the economy and hire some more sales reps. Don't just be greedy and keep service fees without providing a service!  On that note, you shouldn't collect a fee up front at all UNTIL you get the card.  But what do I know? I know I get constant spam from abc gift cards....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2012 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Gift-Cards/East-Windsor-New-Jersey-08520/ABC-Gift-Cards-Sent-in-Gift-Card-never-got-paid-East-Windsor-New-Jersey-936146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Gift Cards

Call? No.

AUTHOR: Dano72 - (United States of America)

With regards to your request to call you  - Mr. Lee, I am not going to call and haggle over this issue.  I explained what happened to your employee (the only one, its seems) several times over several emails several months ago with no relief, and then here again in this forum.  At this point you can either a) re-read what happened, consult with your employee, or access the emails I sent, issue me my $13 processing fee and cancel my account or b) do nothing.   I'm not going to call, re-explain the issue over the phone only to have you say that you're sorry but there's nothing that can be done.  If something can be done, please do it.  If not, then don't.  All I know is that I sent in the card, and to date, nothing has happened, and I've gotten no relief.

Re:

AUTHOR: ABC Gift Cards - (United States of America)

Please give me a call at 800 364 0488 ext 733 so that I can try to resolve your issue.

Steve Lee