Complaint Review: ABC Pest Control

13275 66th Street N Largo, Florida United States of America

ABC Pest Control Falsified Charges Largo, Florida

*Author of original report: ABCPestControl-BeCareful

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ABC sets the record straight

ABC Pest Falsified charges to my Discover Credit Card company that $65 was for termite renewal after I had cancelled their services.  They hung up on my Terminix rep when she asked what chemicals they used after they admitted the charge was for an unauthorized visual inspection only.  I was not given a cancellation number, but had spoken to ABC Pest several times prior to this service date of 5/11/2011 telling them I no longer wanted their services.  They replied I had already paid for a year of termite service.  However, several days later I suddenly got a statement taped to my door for $65 for an unauthorized visual inspection only.  Terminix told them in my hearing that Florida does not require payment for just visual inspections, at which point she was disconnected.  They had gotten my credit card number just minutes before by telling me I owed for the service--I did not know to ask about the non-existant chemicals.  The front of the statement says termite warranty renewal, but the back has the words "visual inspection only."  The credit card company told me I owed for the fake renewal.  I sent them my Terminix contract, which is dated just two weeks later, so obviously I would not have renewed for another year with the other company.  I had previously hired Terminix for all other coverages, then added termites after ABC Pest's unprofessional behavior.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2011 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Pest-Control/Largo-Florida-33773/ABC-Pest-Control-Falsified-Charges-Largo-Florida-761867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Pest Control

ABCPestControl-BeCareful

AUTHOR: Peggy - (USA)

These people cannot be trusted.  At no time did they ever tell me I had to send a certified letter within a certain time period in order to cancel.  They only told me that I had already paid for termite protection so they could not cancel that part of my contract.  I do not have those rules anywhere in writing nor do I want them to concoct them to send me now.

When I gave my credit card information to the man it was only because he said I owed for services rendered; within 5 minutes my new pest control person called them back as she happened to be in my home and heard my end of the conversation.  When she asked what chemicals were used, she was told only a visual inspection was done while I was not home.  When she reminded them the state of Florida does not require payment for that, they hung up on her and refused to refund me the money.

I have included a copy of their false bill stating the charge was for termite warranty renewal.  Discover card refuses to credit that charge, too, so be careful of that credit card company as well.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ABC sets the record straight

AUTHOR: ABC Pest Control - (United States of America)

Margaret entered into a Subterranean Termite Control contract with our company on May 15, 2009 and had the treatment performed on May 21, 2009.  The contract that she signed and agreed to calls for an initial treatment (5/21/09) and four annual warranty renewals on the first day of the month the original treatment was performed for a Five Year Limited Warranty period.  The contract clearly states that If I do not want to renew this contract I will send ABC Pest Control, Inc. a cancellation notice by certified mail 30 days prior to the annual renewal date. Margaret had her annual warranty renewals on May 1st 2010 and 2011 which she paid for by calling our office and providing credit card information on May 10, 2010 and June 21, 2011.  ABC Pest Control performs a free inspection each year in the renewal month to assure that termites have not penetrated our termite barrier and we would treat at no additional charge to the customer if they did.  Our free inspections were performed on 5/10/10 and on 5/11/11. She sent us written notice of her intent to cancel her future termite warranties via a fax on June 21, 2011--6 weeks after her annual renewal date.  Her contract is now cancelled and no future warranty renewals will be provided. Margaret indicated in a phone conversation with our office on June 14, 2011 that Terminex was offering to treat for termites, rodents and all household pests for a monthly fee per month.  She obviously was shopping for deals and then tried to get out of paying for her contractual obligations to ABC by claiming we charged for a fake renewal and an unauthorized visual inspection.
Thank you, ABC Pest Control.