Complaint Review: ABC WAREHOUSE

• Reported By: ELO — Lincoln Park Michigan United States of America
ABC WAREHOUSE
1605 Eureka Rd Southgate, Michigan United States of America

ABC WAREHOUSE Undisclosed Restocking Fee Southgate, Michigan

Bought a portable airconditioner, asked the right questions when purchased about compatiblity with residense, was told no problem.  There was a problem, didn't fit!  Took it back the sales person informed me I needed a hack saw to make it fit!  I paid over $300 for this and told to use a hack saw!  Then the sales rep told me there is a 15% restocking fee, I immediately asked where this policy was written or posted, the sales rep told me the store did not have to disclose the restocking fee and they could charge it if they want to.  The sales rep went on to tell me to either get a hack saw and cut the bracket or pay the 15% fee.  Charged me the fee then wanted to sell me a window air conditioner!  I refused to sign the return slip, filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and contacted the corporate headquarters.  Should have learned when they delivered a damaged refrigerator then told me if I wanted it replaced they would pick the damaged one up then later in the week bring the new one.  ABC Warehouse is the ultimate rip off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2010 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-WAREHOUSE/Southgate-Michigan-48146/ABC-WAREHOUSE-Undisclosed-Restocking-Fee-Southgate-Michigan-609319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC WAREHOUSE