Complaint Review: ABC Warehouse

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, August 30, 2008

• Reported By:Cadillac Michigan
ABC Warehouse
8719 Boon Rd. Cadillac, Michigan U.S.A.

ABC Warehouse Worst customer service experience I have ever had! Cadillac Michigan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: fine print guarantee customer service...

*UPDATE Employee: response to reports

On December 15, 2003, I went to ABC Warehouse in Cadillac to purchase one of the digital drum sets they had advertised for $27.77. Upon arriving, I was told that each store only received 9 units, and they all sold very quickly. They gave me a raincheck.

A few days later, I was reading the fine print on the front page of their sales add, and it states that "In the remote possibility that it should be necessary to issue you a raincheck on an advertised item, ABC Warehouse guarantees the holder that the raincheck will be honored within 60 days or pay you $100.

During the sixty days, I periodically went into the store to see if the item was available, and it was not. After the sixty days, my nine year old son and I went into the store and I asked them to honor the fine print.

While no one spoke rudely directly to me, every employee except one in the whole store was giving us dirty looks and talking about us to each other, as well as to other customers. I waited over half an hour, and during this time, my son kept asking me "Mom, why are they talking about us and being so rude?"

Finally, I was given a receipt and told that a check would be mailed to me within 14 days. I did receive the check, but the terrible customer service was unnecessary. If the employees do not like store policies, they should lobby with the corporate office to get them changed, not take it out on the customers.

Dona
Cadillac, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2004 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Warehouse/Cadillac-Michigan-49601/ABC-Warehouse-Worst-customer-service-experience-I-have-ever-had-Cadillac-Michigan-81311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Warehouse

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

fine print guarantee customer service...

AUTHOR: Kraut - (U.S.A.)

I doubt the employees were talking about you. Why would they be? The $100.00 is payed by the store not by an employee. Why would anyone in that store except the store manager care since its his bottom line its effecting not the employees pocket book. I think you have a complex and think people are talking about you......

response to reports

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

everything said is true in every way shape and form. one manager got 6 sexual harrasment complaints against him all they did was took his badge but he still works for the company figure that won out what does that say about the company i work in the stock room so i see all and hear all