Complaint Review: ABC Warehouse

• Submitted: Sat, November 24, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:Alma Michigan
ABC Warehouse
1907 S Mission Rd. Mt. Pleasant, Michigan U.S.A.

ABC Warehouse I bought a Colby (CTV-101) 9" ac-dc color tv on line which smoked and burned as soon as I plugged it in and went to the store to resolve the problem to no advail. Mt. Pleasant Michigan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: colby

*UPDATE Employee: what a shame

*UPDATE Employee: What did you expect?

*Consumer Suggestion: Easly solved

I ordered online from their weekly sales magazine (May 2007) a Colby 9" color tv that is ac or dc powered for $89.00 so I could use it camping.

The minute I plugged it in it started smoking and the wire and power supply were really hot. That was it. It never worked. I tried hooking it up to the battery supply and it done nothing, but the wire got hot.

I then drove to the Mt. Pleasant store, which I have done a few thousands of dollars of business. They told me because I ordered it online nothing could be done about it.

I don't know why, but like an idiot I purchased a new one at the store for the same price off the shelf ($89.00) which is what was suppose to be a sale price in their flyer.

This one works fine so I had a tv when I went camping, but what was suppose to cost $89 I ended up spending $180. They simply said nothing could be done and that was it.

This is a bunch of crap and is bad business. After all the money I have spent to ABC Warehouse, they have gotten the last penny they will ever get from me.

Be careful if you are going to purchase an item from them. Be prepared to take home an item that doesn't work and don't waste your time trying to return it. I wouldn't let them repair it if they offered to, which they won't. You shouldn't have to buy something and have it repaired right off the bat.

Maybe what you ought to do is walk into the store and throw a few hundred dollars on the counter and turn around and walk out. It would save a lot of nonsense conversations and flustrations and help them stay in business.

Terry
Alma, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2007 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Warehouse/Mt-Pleasant-Michigan-48858/ABC-Warehouse-I-bought-a-Colby-CTV-101-9-ac-dc-color-tv-on-line-which-smoked-and-burned-286534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Warehouse

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

colby

AUTHOR: Gaff Man - (U.S.A.)

heres an idea, if you tv is named after a cheese, don't buy it. ps. i believe the name of the brand is COBY, which is an off brand very cheap tv. (you get what you pay for).

what a shame

AUTHOR: Store Manager, Mansfield Ohio - (U.S.A.)

i am sad to say that this lady was treated very callously. with a little forethought and commonsense, her problem should have been resolved on the spot. the "what do you expect" comment from another employee is totally wrong. i do not care if you spent thousands of dollars with us or if the "$89.00" purchase was the first purchase ever made. a customer is a customer. colby has an exchange only warranty. thats it, plain and simple. if the lady had the proper documentation, she should have been given a new one on the spot. no questions asked. as long as it is a current product, it does not matter that she bought it from our web sales. what a way for us to lose business. i am sorry for her experience. not all of our stores are ran this way.

What did you expect?

AUTHOR: Answer Guy - (U.S.A.)

When you shop online you skip the salesman but when there is a problem then you want a salesman, get a slaesman buy everything from the same guy and if there is a problem you will get the best costomer service, when you buy online all the profit goes to the company no commision for the salesman so you can do your part at eliminating michigan jobs by shopping online but dont expect any help when something goes wrong.....try asking the shopping cart icon for help

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Easly solved

AUTHOR: Xeno - (U.S.A.)

You can simple send the bad one back to the place you bought it from & tell them it is defective and you want a refund. You will only be out S&H 1 way.