specimen

• Submitted: Fri, July 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 17, 2009

• Reported By:novi Michigan
ABC Warehouse
43606 W Oaks Dr Novi, Michigan U.S.A.

ABC Warehouse mileading return policy, poor customer service Novi Michigan

I recently purchased a Haier fridge from ABC warehouse. The sales person Bo Lassalle was accommodating and helpful and all appeared to go well. He indicated if you need anything just call me.

After they delivered the fridge and I plugged it in, it ran for 2 days and never achieved a temperature below 70 degrees. I called them up for a replacement and they quickly brushed me off to their service people. I had to take another day off to wait for service and was told that Haeir is a horrible brand, return it if you can. I tried to return it and they insisted that once the box was opened I couldn't.

I stated that they delivered it and they opened the box, and it didn't work, give me another one. They refused and said they would check if the manufacturer would let them take it back. Needless to say, ABC never called me back. We called the ABC hotline and got an earful of attitude from the clerk, "you know, we don't make the fridge, we only sell them". My wife quickly educated them on retail marketing, and that all real companies stand by the products they sell.

The only thing we got from the hotline was a number to Haier. Haier, informed us that they do have a full refund policy with ABC. We had to call back ABC, and after being passed around to useless sales people we got a hold of the manager. He tried to give us credit in exchange, but I informed him of the Haier policy. At that point he gave in and agreed to take it back if I brought it in. He, however, would not refund the delivery charge.

I had to lug this fridge back in my mini van and dump it at their doors. Stay away from ABC, they are friendly in the store, but once you leave, forget it. It's like buying a car, if you never plan to go back for service, then fine.

Norm
novi, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2009 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Warehouse/Novi-Michigan-48377/ABC-Warehouse-mileading-return-policy-poor-customer-service-Novi-Michigan-470671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Warehouse