Complaint Review: ABC Wheel $ Tire

• Submitted: Mon, October 02, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, October 02, 2000

• Reported By:Alexandria VA
ABC Wheel $ Tire
3711 Foothill Blvd. LA CRESCESNTA, California U.S.A.

Rip Off Artist - ABC WHEEL & TIRE, 3711 FOOTHILL BLVD., LA CRESCESNTA CA

On August 28, 2000, I purchased tires & wheels from ABC Wheel & Tire, 3711 Foothill Blvd., Lacrescesnta, CA 91214. I was told that the merchandise would arrive within 7 business days, but the shipment never came. I called the company to find out what was going on, I was told "we are having a bad quarter", and that they didn't have what I ordered in stock. Since they already had my money via wire transfer from Western Union, I tried to compromise by ordering my 2nd or 3rd choice of wheels, which they didn't have in stock either. I was told that they actually had only 1 style of wheel in stock, which I did not want. I then asked for refund of the $943.00, that I had already spent. I was told that my choices were to either take the wheels that they had, go on back order (but they couldn't give me a date of when I would get my merchandise), or get a refund of only 80% (store policy for cancellation). I requested a full refund, because they sold me a product that they didn't have and they knew that at the time I placed my order. The salesman became angry and hung up on me. I have called back several times asking for a full refund, I have also mailed and faxed a demand letter asking for a refund, but have not received a reply or refund.
I called my credit card company to see if they could help me resolve the matter, but was told that they are not responsible because the money was a wire transfer to Western Union, who is not responsible because they "only process the transaction". I believe fraud is being committed, ABC Wheel & Tire have you wire the money, then they take your order, knowing that they have nothing in stock. And when you request a refund they keep either all of your money or 20% for a "restocking fee" when they had nothing to restock. Meanwhile, the wire-transferred cash has been taken.
As of today September 22, 2000, I have lost more than $966.00, for the wheel purchase, the transaction fees, and long distance calls, trying to resolve this matter. And all without so much as a reply from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Wheel-Tire/LA-CRESCESNTA-California-91214/Rip-Off-Artist-ABC-WHEEL-TIRE-3711-FOOTHILL-BLVD-LA-CRESCESNTA-CA-3506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Wheel $ Tire