Complaint Review: ABCO Leasing And Funding, JLA Credit Corp., Jim Flemming, Mathew O. Burke

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 26, 2013

• Reported By:Sarasota Florida
ABCO Leasing And Funding, JLA Credit Corp., Jim Flemming, Mathew O. Burke
2005 Niagara Falls Blvd., Buffalo, New York 14228 Buffalo, Amherst, Niagara, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-499-0555
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

ABCO Leasing And Funding, JLA Credit Corp., Jim Flemming, Mathew O. Burke Slick New Yorkers Rip Off Florida Well Drilling Company Buffalo, Amherst, Niagara New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Phil Is A Scam Artist

*Author of original report: Mathew Burke Stated Correctly but

*Author of original report: Update 9-22-13

*General Comment: Seems nothing was there after all

*UPDATE Employee: Philip digging for gold, without a shovel

I was contacted by Mr. Jim Flemming, ABCO Leasing and Funding, on June 14, 2007 in regards to funding new equipment for my well drilling business. This was cold call marketing by Mr. Flemming. He emailed me a financing application which I filled out and returned. He called me the next day to tell me that he ran my credit and I was pre-qualified for equipment leasing up to five hundred thousand dollars.

I was then contacted by Mathew O. Burke from JLA Credit Corp., 4246 Lea Road, Suite 40, Amherst, NY 14226, 716-836-2941. He said I was pre-qualified based on ABCO Leasing's credit check of me and my business and he required $2,500.to handle the leasing paperwork. I paid the $2,500., in three payments over one month, to JLA Credit Corp. After the final payment was done, nothing more happened. Any contact with ABCO Leasing or JLA Credit Corp., after the last payment was made, was initiated by me and the response from Jim Flemming and Mathew O. Burke was they were working on it.

Here is the kicker; NEITHER COMPANY RAN A CREDIT CHECK DURING THE PREQUALIFYING PERIOD. I was told that my company and I were pre-qualified for the lease but that was not true. These guys were only interested in the $2,500.

Phil Well Driller
Sarasota, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2008 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABCO-Leasing-And-Funding-JLA-Credit-Corp-Jim-Flemming-Mathew-O-Burke/Buffalo-Amherst-Niagara-New-York-14228/ABCO-Leasing-And-Funding-JLA-Credit-Corp-Jim-Flemming-Mathew-O-Burke-Slick-New-Yorker-311566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABCO Leasing And Funding, JLA Credit Corp., Jim Flemming, Mathew O. Burke

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Phil Is A Scam Artist

AUTHOR: Mathew Burke - ()

Phil Goldstone is a liar. Plain and Simple. He a person who tried to scam numerous companies, and clients. He has more complaints on this site than any other company--even from a church. I would bet there are numerous law suits against his company's unethical behavior. As others have said he is using this site for strong-arming. Hew would have hired a lawyer if anything he said was true.  He should be in prison, and forbidden from any activity in the business world. Simply put the man is a disgrace.

Phil move forward, and stick a fork in it---IT'S DONE.

Mathew Burke Stated Correctly but

AUTHOR: Philip Goldstone - ()

Does anyone believe that a reputable broker \lender would do business with any company or person without first running credit reports? I agree with everything he stated in his rebuttal to my original complaint. He did not want any credit reports and all information that he asked for was properly disclosed. He only wanted our money. When he had our money, he stopped answering our calls and refused to cooperate. $2,500. is unfortunately too small amont of money for me to travel to New York from Florida to fight this man in his own backyard. That's what these people count on when they victemize a potential borrower.

Update 9-22-13

AUTHOR: Philip Goldstone - ()

I will not engage with unbalanced people but to say that business has not been this good for Guest Well in ten years. We have added water purification systems to our already successful pump and well business. Does anyone believe that we could accomplish this if we were doing something wrong? I think not. Sarasota-Bradenton is a very competitive market where only the best and most honest companies survive and thrive. I have operated Guest Well since 2000 and will continue to do that well into the future.

My telephone cell number is 941-526-2021. Anyone can call me anytime, with any questions. No one needs to hide their identity behind the internet and make unfounded accusations. Only cowards do that. I stand behind everything that my company does and I am proud to put out my name and phone number out in the public domain.

One more thing. The three complaints that were filed all used the wrong name for Guest Well, Inc.  Each person made the same mistake. This just indicates that all three people know each other and none of the three people ever had any work done by Guest Well or they would have the correct name on the contract.

Our company telephone number is 941-371-4311 and has never changed.

Philip Goldstone

#4 General Comment

Seems nothing was there after all

AUTHOR: Re-think - (United States of America)

Once again we see people using Rip-off for the wrong reasons. If this was a true dealing, one would think a lawyer, (such as myself) would have got a call from the company.

Please understand it is not Rip-off's fault when people make these post.

Philip digging for gold, without a shovel

AUTHOR: Matthew Burke - (U.S.A.)

JLA was introduced to Phillip's company via Abco leasing. JLA did not contact Phillip.

To keep it simple, JLA offered Phillip, and his company Guest Well Inc., a 36 term FMV lease with monthly rentals of $19,750.31., provided both had good standing credit. The proposal was based on some inforamtion Phillip provided to Abco Leasing, and his guaranty that his credit standing was well above average since it was a tough deal.

The proposal required a NON-REFUNDABLE FEE of $2,500.00. After receiving the complete NON-REFUNDABLE FEE, which took weeks, as required by the agreement,due diligence started. Additional information was required, and it was never received, It was later discovered that Phillip,who stated he had exceptional credit,filed "BANKRUPTCY" before. The deal was declined because of bad credit, false information, and non-receipt of required documentation.