Complaint Review: ABE BOOKS

• Updated: Fri, March 29, 2013

• Reported By: RippedOffWI — Glendale Wisconsin
ABE BOOKS

ABE BOOKS www.abebooks.com/ Abe Books BuyBack Program Scam Internet

I recently participated in the AbeBooks Buyback program.

I read all of their policy and knew they would keep water damaged books or books with other damage without paying me back. However, I almost didn't send my book because it was so perfect I felt the buy back price was almost a ripoff. Being a broke college student I decided to send them my just about perfect book.

I wanted to prevent water damage throughout shipping so I double wrapped the book with bubble wrap and sealed all edges of the box with both packing and duct tape.

I received an e-mail saying my book was water damaged so I would receive no money. I replied to them that I went through every effort to prevent that from happening on the way there. I was thinking that the damage had to have been done in transit, because I knew I wasn't sending a text book that they would reject. Who would send something that would be taken with no compensation?

They told me that they would then "recycle" the book. I think that is really messed up especially when considering that I bought a different book from them before...that had quite a bit of water damage but I didn't complain because it was cheap.

So, this is either a rip-off that is environmentally hazardous OR...I believe they are selling these "damaged books" on their website and refusing to pay and increasing their greedy profit.

Disgusting company. I offered to pay to have it shipped back to me and they never responded.

Beware of this company and do not try and sell your books back to them. You'll only get ripped off and they will profit off of you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABE-BOOKS/internet/ABE-BOOKS-wwwabebookscom-Abe-Books-BuyBack-Program-Scam-Internet-1039049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABE BOOKS