- Report: #334337
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: ABEBOOKS.COM
ABEBOOKS.COMwww.abebooks.com Santa Clara, California U.S.A.
ABEBOOKS.COM Listen to my story before you buy from ABEBOOKS.COM Santa Clara California
*Consumer Comment: I had a bad experience too
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The seller advertisment said that they provide excellent customer service and fast shipping. The advertisement said they were based in CA, USA. The price was right so I took the plunge.
After one week, I suspected problems. I contacted the seller about why it was taking so long and requested a tracking number. The seller responded "I am surprised its not there, wait till Monday and I will refund the money." I kept sending emails demanding a tracking number and all the only reply was all I have is a confirmation number, one that was never provided.
Due to my need to use the book for class, I had to purchase another one at great cost to me. After I get it, low and behold. I get the book, not from California as advertised, but from INDIA.
On Monday, when I did not receive the book, I went on the website www.abebooks.com to request a refund per the seller's instructions. She canceled the refund gave me $3.00 out of $50 and said wait till Wednesday. Well. Guess what never happened. I did not get a refund. The seller is ducking my emails and is not responding. I then had to look at my credit card statement to find a contact number for abebooks. They do not list it on their website. Also, when you send them an email, the only instructions they give you is to file for a refund. At this point, the website is not allowing this to take place as the refund section is not populating.
I called them and spoke to their help desk staff. I went through my list of complaints about the seller.
1) the seller's web listing says they ship from California. However, they shipped it from INDIA. I asked them if they condone this practice of false advertising. They said they did because its possible they have a warehouse there and that is perfectly legit.
2) I asked them to force a refund; however, they are not because they are blindly believing that there seller is legit, when all evidence points to the contrary.
3) I can not send it return to sender as the book was shipped from India. Now I have to pay to ship it certified mail with tracking, at my own expense, because of the unethical, probably illegal actions on part of the seller in order to get a refund.
BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ABEBOOKS.COM.
THEY BELIEVE BLINDLY THAT THEIR SELLERS ARE LEGIT. THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU WHEN ALL EVIDENCE POINTS TO THE CONTRARY.
BY THE WAY.......THE SELLER IS svedka SHE LISTS HER LOCATION AS BEING SANTA CLARA CALIFORNIA. HOWEVER, IT IS REALLY IN INDIA.
HER EMAIL ADDRESS IS email@example.com
Based on my experience with them, ABEBOOKS.COM will only side with the seller and provide you with no avenue to fight the claim. They say you can ask for a refund but will not back you up if the seller denies it.
Cape Coral, Florida
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABEBOOKSCOM/Santa-Clara-California-95026/ABEBOOKSCOM-Listen-to-my-story-before-you-buy-from-ABEBOOKSCOM-Santa-Clara-California-334337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.