Complaint Review: ABG Computers And Electronics

• Submitted: Tue, August 02, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By:Stockton California
ABG Computers And Electronics
52 W Oakland Park Blvd, 3840 SW 10TH ST Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

ABG Computers And Electronics Cheap Laptops, ON BIDZ.COM. CHARGE YOU FOR SHIPPING TWICE, IGNORE bbb COMPLAINTS. DON'T BUY FROM THEM Ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

This company is advertised on Bidz.com. It's supposed to be a cheap way to purchase Laptops, computers etc. I bided on the PC (3) of them at once. I had no history with this company, didn't check them out prior to bidding (my mistake).

When you bid they charge you $40 for shipping. Then when they ship to you, you get a balance due Postage receipt from the Post Office. I should have returned it at that point. But no I didn't one of the laptops had no battery. Took over a month to do that and to deliver the 3rd laptop.

Finally I did get all three laptops but never received my excessive shipping charges. SO BUYER BEWARE! Then after awhile they no longer respond to your emails. I also reported them to the BBB and they didn't even respond to them. I just received their letter this morning. Check it out! August 2, 2005

RE: #23031021 - ABG Computers and Electronics

Dear Ms.
Thank you for utilizing the services of the Better Business Bureau.

We have contacted the company on your behalf in an attempt to reach a mutually acceptable resolution to your dispute. However, the company has not responded to the correspondence we sent them on your behalf.

Through mediation, the Bureau strives to find a fair and amicable solution to disputes that occur between a customer and a business, however, instances do exist where Bureau is unable to bring about a satisfactory resolution to a dispute. Because mediation is a voluntary procedure, the Better Business Bureau cannot compel either the business or consumer to settle a complaint.

The company's file has been updated to reflect that they have failed to respond to a complaint brought to their attention by the Bureau.

If this company is a State Regulated business you may wish to contact the Florida Division of Consumer Services at 850-922-2966 or on their website at www.800helpfla.com.

My suggestion is not to do business with them at all. Unless you like being ripped off. The customer service with this company is awful.

Eleanor
Stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2005 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABG-Computers-And-Electronics/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33311/ABG-Computers-And-Electronics-Cheap-Laptops-ON-BIDZCOM-CHARGE-YOU-FOR-SHIPPING-TWICE-152146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABG Computers And Electronics

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Bidz_auction - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your
purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously.

Bidz.com does not work anymore with ABG Computers and Electronics.
We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you
were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped
us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input
and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other
concerns at improvements@bidz.com.