Complaint Review: ABM Aluminum

• Updated: Fri, May 10, 2013

• Reported By: Mike linkenbach — Winter Haven Florida
ABM Aluminum
1021 Combee Road Lakeland, Florida USA

ABM Aluminum Gave an 'out the door' quote and then wanted $950 for concrete footing. Lakeland Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not true

I asked for this company for a complete price for a screen enclosure. After I got the quote, I asked twice (on two separate occassions) if that was 'everything, out the door' and I was assured that it was. Well after getting half of the money up front, I was told that footers needed to be poured at a cost of $950 and that I would have to pay that. Apparently when these people say everything or out the door, they don't really mean it. So, not only did they want more money than we budgeted (we had gone to the bank for a loan to do this project), but they kept $165 to cover their engineering costs. I was handed a stack of papers showing how the frame work would all fit together, which is probably of no value to me since another contractor will want to use his own engineer. And to add insult to injury, the check they gave me on the spot (minus the $165) only had my last name on it and it was badly misspelled. Very unprofessional on all levels! Avoid these people at all costs. There are plenty of other options out there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABM-Aluminum/Lakeland-Florida-33801/ABM-Aluminum-Gave-an-out-the-door-quote-and-then-wanted-950-for-concrete-footing-Lak-1049828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABM Aluminum

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not true

AUTHOR: abm - ()

Customer said the pavers were done proffesional, by a company, so when the pavers were installed they needed to have a footer which they didn't have, when we price the customer he said he did not need the floor, so we based our estimate on the building itself not on the floor, as per engineer sugestions and county permits we were asked to check on the footers for the pavers because it was never permitted, so we found out there was not footers then we told the customer that we were not able to do the job, because of the footers,

so we contacted a concrete company that was charging $1500 to do the footers, so we decided to pay for some of the concrete and the customer obligation was to pay the rest, we were not responsible for the floor as customer request, we had already incurred in engineering costs and permits which was more than $165, the customer already priced 3 other companies that were all above the price we gave him, we explain the customer that we were not to do the concrete footers he could get someone else to do it, we were only contracted for the screen lanai itself.

we understand customers get disapointed ones in a while but this was not something we mislead, it was a error when they put the pavers.

responsibilities