• Report: #205149

Complaint Review: ABN AMRO Mortgage Group La Salle Bank N.A., Standard Federal Bank

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 09, 2006

• Reported By:Suwanee Georgia
ABN AMRO Mortgage Group La Salle Bank N.A., Standard Federal Bank
7169 CORKLAN DR Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

ABN AMRO Mortgage Group La Salle Bank N.A., Standard Federal Bank attempted forclosure/forced insurance/never a missed payment! Jacksonville Florida

*Author of original report: I spoke to the title company

*Consumer Suggestion: Speak with the title company....

Following a divorce, I closed on a mortgage loan with ABN AMRO. They made errors on loan amount, when I called to notify them, they said I could re-finance in 6 months, and they would not charge me for closing a new loan (their mistake)!

I had paid $5000 to lower the points in the 1st loan. I called 6 mo later, and we started the closing process again. Although they did not charge me their fees, I had to pay for another appraisal, legal fees, etc, etc. They WOULD NOT honor the buy down as on the 1st loan.

Upon closing, we found they had failed to have my ex-husband sign a quit-claim deed the 1st time. Loan finally closed, but not happy (out $5000) plus money for 2nd closing. Four months later, I'm sent a letter from their attorneys, ABN is forclosing!! I had never missed or been late on any payments!

After much effort, finally discovered that ABN lost the payoff check for the 1st loan, and were forclosing on it..no payments made! I told them repeatedly that I had only 1 loan on the home and gave them the loan numbers. This went on until the night before my home was to be sold on the courthouse steps! They agreed to stop forclosure, but insisted I pay for the forced insurance they paced on the 1st loan! This has been going on for 3 years!!! They have tried to forclose 3 times! Each time waiting until the night before to drop the forclosure proceedings.

My loan is still in limbo, they have completely screwed up my credit, all my credit cards have defaulted to the highest rates due to the info on my credit report (or they dropped me altogether). I have not received a correct tax statement for 2004 or 2005 (interest paid). They have reported $0.00 interest paid for both years. I have never missed a payment yet! and have great difficulty finding someone to talk to when I call. Not sure what to do at this point.

Suwanee, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2006 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABN-AMRO-Mortgage-Group-La-Salle-Bank-NA-Standard-Federal-Bank/Jacksonville-Florida-32258/ABN-AMRO-Mortgage-Group-La-Salle-Bank-NA-Standard-Federal-Bank-attempted-forclosurefor-205149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABN AMRO Mortgage Group La Salle Bank N.A., Standard Federal Bank

I spoke to the title company

AUTHOR: L - (U.S.A.)

I spoke to the title company, early on in this process. They sent a check via certified mail, and have a signature verifying receipt of the check the following day. ABN rec'd the check, and depositied it 30 days later. Although, it was not posted to my loan (possibly posted to another loan?). Never found out what happened. They have finally posted it to my acct, but my mortgage is still in 'limbo'! Credit report shows 26 months behind on payments! I'm not behind at all. Have bank statements to support this.

I'm also concerned about the tax issue, and have reported this matter to IRS. In the mean time, my credit is ruined.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Speak with the title company....

AUTHOR: FLGirl - (U.S.A.)

This is the first ripoff report I have seen that actually has a reason for a complaint.

I had a similar situation, we purchased a home and our 2nd mortgage was funded twice. We ended having our 2nd mortgage 2 times because our title company messed up and this went on for about 4 months.

I will suggest speaking with the title company who closed your loan. They should have all the information on the wire that was sent to your company. Generally it is a wire not a check although it depends on the title company they use.
I would probably seek advice from a real estate attorney as well. If it has been this long and it is still not resolved, then that is more then just a small mistake..