Complaint Review: ABN

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, June 13, 2003

• Reported By:Cadiz Ohio
ABN
135 S. LaSalle St. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

ABN AMRO Mortgage Group ripoff stole money from my escrow account and won't give it back Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: CONTACT THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY ADMINISTRATOR OF NATIONAL BANKS

I hope you are able to help me with a problem I've encountered with ABN AMRO Mortgage Group.

ABN AMRO Mortgage Group is my mortgage company and services my escrow account. On 3/4/03 they withdrew $1,177.06 from my escrow acct without my authorization. They claim it was for a home hazard insurance policy. I have always maintained my own home hazard insurance and ABN AMRO had just paid my policy premium on 10/15/02.

My insurance company (State Farm) has faxed verification (Declaration pages) to ABN AMRO on several occasions proving that I have mantained a policy with them since 1989. Still, ABN AMRO has not refunded me the money.

An ABN AMRO employee told my State Farm agent that they (ABN AMRO) had lost some of their records and to protect themselves imposed their insurance plan on many of their customers.

This is not my fault and I have provided the information they requested several times but still no refund.

I would like to get my refund so I can refinance and be rid of this dishonest and unprofessional mortgage company.

Sherrie
Cadiz, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2003 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABN/Chicago-Illinois-60606/ABN-AMRO-Mortgage-Group-ripoff-stole-money-from-my-escrow-account-and-wont-give-it-back-C-60523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABN

#1 Consumer Suggestion

CONTACT THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY ADMINISTRATOR OF NATIONAL BANKS

AUTHOR: Michele - (U.S.A.)

CONTACT THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY ADMINISTRATOR OF NATIONAL BANKS 1301 McKinney St Ste 3450 Houston, Texas 77010-9050 and complain. They over see abn amro. I have a problem with abn as well they had copies of all my cancelled checks and they still proceeded in filing in court to forclose on my home. I didnt think I had a problem cause I could prove I paid them. Its a big mess I have to hire an attorney to save my home. they've embarrassed me I could go on and on ruined my credit i cant refinance right now but want to. good luck.