Complaint Review: ABRY Dba Billing Concepts - USBI - ZPDI - ESBI & OCMC Dba One Call Comm - Opticom

• Submitted: Mon, February 15, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 15, 2010

• Reported By: Lesley — Sylmar California United States of America
PO Box 29206, San Antonio, TX 78229-4898 SAN ANTONIO, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 888-505-0734
  • Web:
  • Category:

ABRY , Billing Concepts - USBI - ZPDI - ESBI & OCMC , One Call Comm - Opticom NCNI OUTRAGEOUS COLLECT CALL RATES SAN ANTONIO, Texas

In an emergency, I made a collect call to my home phone from a pay phone in the same town because I didn't have much change with me. $45.06 was charged (incl tax) for that one call within the same town. I called and complained to ZPDI and they referred me to NCIC. I talked to Devon at NCIC. He told me it was a legitimate call. I asked how they could possibly charge that much for a call from a payphone in the same town as the receiving phone. I didn't get any answer to that. He offered a "one-time" credit of $20.18. I have no idea why he picked that amount, but I took what I could get. The call still ended up costing me $24.88 THAT'S STILL OUTRAGEOUS !!!  Is there nothing to protect us from such charges?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2010 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABRY-Dba-Billing-Concepts-USBI-ZPDI-ESBI-OCMC-Dba-One-Call-Comm-Opticom/SAN-ANTONIO-Texas-78229-4898/ABRY-Billing-Concepts-USBI-ZPDI-ESBI-OCMC-One-Call-Comm-Opticom-NCNI-OUTRAGE-569878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABRY Dba Billing Concepts - USBI - ZPDI - ESBI & OCMC Dba One Call Comm - Opticom