Complaint Review: AC 24 HOUR FITNESS

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Greensboro North Carolina
AC 24 HOUR FITNESS
3709 WEST MARKET ST Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

AC Fittness, AC 24 HOUR FITNESS Scammed me through a deceptive contract, then unauthorized bank drafts Greensboro North Carolina

I joined AC fitness in Greensboro NC, I had a contract where I payed in for a few months and then would have a free membership for the next 2 years. after I was finished paying in, they closed. (after they closed they pulled twice from my bank account and I had to put a block on my account which they some how got around in May and stole more money)

This was approximately February of this year, I was not told by them of there plans to close or even that they had closed, instead I got a call from The Edge Fitness Complex who informed me that AC Fitness had closed and sold my information to The Edge, AC Fitness left no contact information and still owes me the remainder of a two year gym membership.

A few months ago I am contacted by a Ms. Short 1-800-734-7405 ext. 138 who tells me I owe AC Fitness for all these months of not paying my bill. I tell her the situation and she says it's only a courtesy to tell me they were going to close, and they didn't have to, and I still owe them money because the gym was sold to Fitness Today and if I don't pay they will send my account to a collection agency.

She calls me maybe 5 more times, then I get a call from 1-800-640-5161 saying that it is AC Fitness and I need to return their call, turns out both #'s are for this company American Club Services. so now they are harassing and threatening me, and on top of it all they owe me the rest of a gym membership for the next year and a half. I have searched the internet and apparently this is not the first problem with this company.

Bronson
Greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AC-24-HOUR-FITNESS/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27407/AC-Fittness-AC-24-HOUR-FITNESS-Scammed-me-through-a-deceptive-contract-then-unauthorized-362863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AC 24 HOUR FITNESS