Complaint Review: AC Fitness Or American Club Systems

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Greensboro North Carolina
AC Fitness Or American Club Systems
W Market St Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

AC Fitness Or American Club Systems Went out of business, Continued Charging me Greensboro North Carolina

I experienced the same thing with the same company. I joined AC Fitness in Greensboro, NC two years ago also. I chose that gym because it was within walking distance from where I lived. Last year, they went out of business. For months, I was getting charged and had no idea what was going on. Finally, about 4 months after they went out of business, they posted a note on the door saying another club would honor their contracts.

I called because this place was FAR FAR away from where I currently lived, and they said they would only cancel it if I had moved 30 miles out of Greensboro. WHATTT???? They have still been charging me, and now that my contract is up, I am trying to make sure they do not continue to charge me.

I have tried to fax them (because that's what I was told to do) stating that I do not want to renew the contract, but it seems to never work. The lady I keep speaking to, Ashley Bass always says the fax machine is just busy. YEA RIGHT! Hopefully when I stick this letter in the mail I will be finished with them altogether. They've gotten me for almost $800 in the past year!

Madcollegestiudent
Greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AC-Fitness-Or-American-Club-Systems/Greensboro-North-Carolina/AC-Fitness-Or-American-Club-Systems-Went-out-of-business-Continued-Charging-me-Greensboro-443450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AC Fitness Or American Club Systems