Complaint Review: AC (formally sttandard)/Universal Financial

• Submitted: Sat, January 16, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 16, 2010

• Reported By: solitation to ripoff — chalotte North Carolina United States of America
AC (formally sttandard)/Universal Financial
3044 Old Denton Suite 111-143 Carrollton, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 800-771-8507
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

AC (formally sttandard)/Universal Financial Steven from Prizum aka ameri credit & aka AZ and Jay @ Universal Financial AC and Universal are nothing but a fraud, they both soliciat loans for their benefit and take money from people, they have no morals. Carrollton, Texas

I received a letter from AC on Oct 8th, 2009.  AC stated I was selected as a candidate for a personal loan from $2000 to $5000.  All I had to do is fax the application provided and my account with AC would be provided.  So this is what I did.  I then received a call from AC from a female whom did not state her name, only where she was calling from AC, advising me this loan has been approved to call Stevem the Manager at 800-771-8507. So I call Steven and he advised me I would need to send a money order for $70, I asked for what, he stated a consulting fee, however if I was not satisfied I would be intitled to a full refund. Steven also stated once the fee is received he will forward my paperwork to Universal Financial and the will be contacting me for additional information and I should get my money in as little as 10 days.  So I sent the money.  I then received another application thru mail from Universal Financial asking me to list all debts I am wishing to pay off and other information along with another money order for $55 which is the their membership and other services good for 1 year.  Again I sent a money order for $55. I then had not heard anything from Universal until 2 weeks later stating by phone message they received my application and are working on it should be complete with in a few days.  Guess what I never heard from them again. I have tried calling and calling and no one will return my calls.  I sent a letter to Universal and AC requesting a full refund. I then called  Steven back at AC , 2 weeks later he sent me a letter stating because of a  transition he will be work on the refund, however needs a copy of the turnd down letter.  Unfortunately I have no turn down letter from Universal because they will not send me one or call me back.  I believe by law they are required to send a TD with in 30 days from application.  This process started on October 30 2009 and it is now January 15th and still no refund from AC or Universal Financial. They are crooked and need to be closed down for the fraud they are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2010 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AC-formally-sttandardUniversal-Financial/Carrollton-Texas-75007/AC-formally-sttandardUniversal-Financial-Steven-from-Prizum-aka-ameri-credit-aka-AZ-a-555552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AC (formally sttandard)/Universal Financial