• Submitted: Tue, April 17, 2012

santa clara new braunfels, Texas United States of America

*Consumer Comment: Excellent experience with Akupella Bengals

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Acappella Bengals

*Consumer Comment: I love Acapella Bengals

Never been to a bengal cattery. wanted to but a nice pet for our family and made a huge mistake going to Acappella Bengals. To many items to share with you but, NOT  GOOD.
It seems like there a lot of others that will work hard for you. This guy is the worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACAPPELLA-BENGALS/new-braunfels-Texas-78130/ACAPPELLA-BENGALS-Larry-and-Jonni-Doepenschmidt-BAD-EXPERIENCE-FERRAL-KITTENS-and-HIGH-870217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACAPPELLA BENGALS

Excellent experience with Akupella Bengals

AUTHOR: PurreciousKatz - (United States of America)

I bought my first Bengal cat from Larry and Jonni of Akapella Bengals.  I found them to be very helpful people.  They did not pressure and urged me to check other catteries to compare.  I did.  Soon after I made my first visit to their cattery.  This was nearly five years ago.  The cats all lived in the house.  I had the opportunity to play with several litters.  All of the kittens were sociable and seemed to love interacting with people.

On my second visit to their cattery, we discussed the possibility of me becoming a breeder (in competition with them) and they not only supported me but offered to mentor me.  It has been, like I said, five years now and we still maintain contact and I still hold them in the highest esteem. If I do not contact them often enough, they call me to see how I'm doing.  They've referred people to my cattery and I've also referred many to theirs.  They have a spotless reputation in the cat clubs we belong to.

By reputation their cats are sociable and lovely, healthy and perfect companions.  I've also seen many of their cats and their cat's offspring on various websites and have heard nothing but good things about them.

I do have first hand knowledge of a breeder in the same town with them who has been slandering them and I strongly suspect he is the one who initiated this report.  His 'shady' deals are well noted in the Bengal community.
In any event I feel that this Ripoff Report is complete fiction.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Acappella Bengals

AUTHOR: Larry and Jonni - (United States of America)

As I write this rebuttal, my kittens are playing all over the bed, making it their personal romper room.
Larry and I have worked extremely hard to make sure every buyer gets exactly the kitten that will complete their family.

Now, this man is attempting to destroy our reputation by posting false stories by supposed visitors to our cattery. We are an open cattery and encourage people to come and see exactly how our kittens and parents are housed, fed and loved.

Every other week we spend three hours making our own homemade cat food for our cats. We don't do it because it is less expensive, because it really isn't, but because it is better for the cats and kittens.

If you read the complaints all over the internet, it is obvious that they are written by the same person. He is seeking to destroy our reputation to further his own rival cattery in our area.

Feel free to visit our website at www.acappellabengals.com  to see the REAL stories about people who have been to our cattery and purchased our kittens.

I love Acapella Bengals

AUTHOR: mel_mel - (United States of America)

I am picking up my kitten from Acapella on Sunday. I visited the cattery over spring break and thought it was wonderful. I got to play with my kitten as well as his siblings who were all beautiful, playful, and a joy to be around. Larry showed us the cattery out back where the adults are kept. All of the cats are clean, very social, and well taken care of.

They didn't push me to buy a cat at all. In fact, Larry told me to take my time before deciding whether or not I could afford a kitten. The cats are priced a normal Bengal kitten price. Bengals aren't cheap anywhere.

I've gotten updated pictures of my kitten about once a week, and Larry and Jonni are some of the sweetest people out there. They were more than happy to have me come visit my kitten while I was in town.

The slander against them is awful, and if you look at any of their customer reviews, you'll see that what this person is saying is just not true.

People would not be returning to buy more kittens if they weren't ecstatic with the first one they received.

I chose Acapella Bengals after a very long search for a breeder and it was the best decision I could have made.