Complaint Review: ACC - Allstate Check Cashing - CCA

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2003

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
ACC - Allstate Check Cashing - CCA
P.O. Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

ACC / Allstate Check Cashing / CCA Old con artist tries new approach. Las Vegas Nevada

I was contacted by phone on 9/12/2003, with an offer for a credit card with a $6,500.00 unsecured limit. The card had no interest rate and a cash on demand appoval of up to (they never specified exactly how much) $150. The representative, his name was Carlo, said that along with the card he would send me a "credit repair package", that would have a guide to repair my bad credit. This package would cost $299. Fortunately I set the date for the payment for this package almost two months later, and have put a stop payment on the check number. When I recieved the card in the mail I discovered it was only good for purchases made in thier catalogs, with a required 30% down payment on all purchases. I cut the card in half and have retained it for my personal records.

If someone tells you they will send you a credit repair kit - for any price - remember you can get all the information you could want on the internet FOR FREE!!

I would also note that I received a second similar call a few days ago, and when I asked the customer service rep where she got my information, she said from a credit reporting agency. The phone number she called me on I have only used once in regards to anything that would have to do with credit, when I applied (and was turned down) for a checking account at a local bank. I told her to put me on their do not call list and have not been bothered by them since.

Remember: TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Dj
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2003 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACC-Allstate-Check-Cashing-CCA/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/ACC-Allstate-Check-Cashing-CCA-Old-con-artist-tries-new-approach-Las-Vegas-Nevada-69332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACC - Allstate Check Cashing - CCA