stuck

• Submitted: Tue, January 12, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 12, 2010

• Reported By: UsuryIsIllegal — Renton Washington United States of America
ACCOUNT SECURE PLUS With ORCHARD BANK
PO Box 80084, Salinas, CA 93912-0084 Salinas, California United States of America

ACCOUNT SECURE PLUS With ORCHARD BANK Account Secure Plus Denied eligibility of hardship once unemployment benefits Salinas, California

I was unemployed but made my minimum credit card payments until the unemployment expired.  Only at that point did I experience hardship.  I requested to activate the Account Secure Plus benefits on my MC and VISA that I had been paying 7.50 per card, per month for YEARS in addition to 28% interest!  I was told their policy was that I must file 180 days after involuntary layoff.  Even though I was laid off I was able to keep up the payments for over 180 days.  Once my unemployment benefits expired and I experienced a hardship, I then tried to activate the Account Secure benefits only to be told I was ineligible.  Apparantly this policy encourages to default immediately on layoff instead of keeping up regular payments, and this policy punishes you for keeping up payments and denying benefits when, at a later date of 180+ days, you claim hardship.  A better policy would be to be eligible while receiving benefits or unemployed/underemployed part-time after expiration of benefits and before returning to full-time working status.  I will demand a full refund of all monthly payments on all cards for the Account Secure benefits program.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACCOUNT-SECURE-PLUS-With-ORCHARD-BANK/Salinas-California-93912-0084/ACCOUNT-SECURE-PLUS-With-ORCHARD-BANK-Account-Secure-Plus-Denied-eligibility-of-hardship-o-553131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACCOUNT SECURE PLUS With ORCHARD BANK