Complaint Review: ACCU AIR INC

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Witness7 — san diego California United States of America
ACCU AIR INC
p.o.box 191262 san diego, California United States of America

ACCU AIR INC air conditioning & heating This company rips off seniors & other unsuspecting customers san diego, California

This company came out to check the heating system of the home of a senior citizen and without prior knowledge the senior was going to be charged $175 whether they did anything or not.  As it turns out they simply walked in the house and without opening any vents or doing anything other than looking around they stated that everything was fine and working well and proceeded to give a bill of $175 to the senior.
The senior in question had the wits about her to ask why she was being charged for simply looking around and doing nothing and so the man called the company and they reduced the bill to $75.  Well I am a tenant of the landlord's and I thought this was still outrageous for just looking around and doing nothing so I called the company and immediately the owner became defensive and stated "what you want me to come out for free I have to pay these people" I simply stated "did you notify the homeowner that they would be charged whether they did anything or not because then the home owner has the option of either continuing on in using your services or not but you didn't give the homeowner the option of a choice"
The man on the other end stated "I have a clear conscious about this and everyone in my industry operates the same way" I stated then "I would never use you or any company like yours who would come out to a home and charge for doing nothing I would ask over the phone and if you stated you charged then I would simply say thank you and hang up and proceeded to the next company.
I discovered that these people work from a P.O.Box and so we don't even know where their physical address is located.
I hope that no one else uses this company because the owner is very ignorant and evidently doesn't care that he will continue to lose customers and will not get a good recommendation by anyone who comes into contact with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACCU-AIR-INC/san-diego-California-92119/ACCU-AIR-INC-air-conditioning-heating-This-company-rips-off-seniors-other-unsuspecting-999321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACCU AIR INC