Complaint Review: ACD Direct

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By:New York New York
ACD Direct
http://www.acddirect.com/ Internet U.S.A.

ACD Direct Abuse of their workers and Agents. Fired for things they haven't trained you on Internet

*General Comment: TO: AUTHOR: Karyn - Pompano Beach (U.S.A.)

*Consumer Comment: Why

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: #3 you are very mean

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Correction to initial complaint

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ACD is a part time gig

*UPDATE Employee: Are You Kidding Me?

*Consumer Comment: ACD Direct, other companies?

*Consumer Comment: Know what you mean

*Consumer Comment: Know what you mean

I would just like to report my expereince with a company called ACD Direct. It is an online work at home company that takes pledges with people. I work for other at home agencys and I like them. But this company has been extremely unique. They have a 30$ "fee" for a background check, and unpaid training.

Now this is where the problem is. In my training, they trained me for only 2 scripts. On the job they have around 20-30 scripts. Once you finish that training you are expected to know all those other scripts also. WHen you make a mistake, you are help responsible for that error. It is extremely backwards and unethical to give agents errors on things that they haven't even been trained on. The group I was assigned was apparently a new one, and unfortunatly we know how bosses are when they have their newfound power. Needless to say, I was verbally and mentally abused by their Leads(leader of the group) and their ALTS(their helpers). They would threaten me with termination nearly every month, on the tinyist things(like giving out a referance number that is on one of their scripts). They have things in red that you are not supposed to say, and that is fine, I never said those things. but there are other things that they will give you errors on even if they are not in red. I had talked with other agents with this company, and they told me the things this group was doing was abusive and way beyond the bounds of what they should be doing. Their training sessions are absolutely AWFUL, you can barely hear the speaker speak(even with volume turned all the way up)and like I had said earlier, this company barely even trains you on the required things.

the pay is beyind awful, it is below minimum wage. There have been times where I sat for hours with no calls. Know I know this is stated in the contract, but for the abuse I took from these people it was not worth it. Never have I been so mentally and emotionally abused by these people. Every other email was something threatening termination. They would actually search earlier calls, from months ago, just to find ANYTHING. Whether it was me breathing to much, or too little, asking a customer to verify something again, making sure I had their name correctly.

For instance, they would say I need to verify the persons name. Which I always did. When I did verify the persons name they would say "That I wasn't listening to the customer and had to ask for his name twice". I could not win with these guys no matter WHAT I DID. It would be the most perfect call ever, and they would still find something to get me on. I would verify everything, and then they would make up some comment that "The persons name was probably spelled wrong, even though they didn't know, and that I didn't verify something". Then in their reviews they would actually mute out the things of my call just to cover their backs.

In reality, this team just wanted me off of their backs. And they blackmailed me with errors to do this. The team was more worried about being "1st" with the other teams, rather than the wellbeing of their agents. They would absolutely bombord my emails with threats of termination and emotional abuse. Never have I worked with a group as awful as these people are. I was there for only around 2 months and I hope that people do not get this group that I did. I wanted to write this, to let other people know about how some of the people operate in this company and how backhanded they can be. The person who was the leader of this group was named "Rhonda", that was her screen name, and her alts were named Phyliss and Thomas(DocPhoton). These were the people who emotionally abused me most of the time I was working their.

Jim
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2008 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACD-Direct/internet/ACD-Direct-Abuse-of-their-workers-and-Agents-Fired-for-things-they-havent-trained-you-on-312568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACD Direct

#1 General Comment

TO: AUTHOR: Karyn - Pompano Beach (U.S.A.)

AUTHOR: ladyharley - (USA)

In the TOS (Terms of Service) with most work at home companies, you agree by signing that there will be NO background noise.  That is a given.  Your husband cannot be FIRED as he is not an EMPLOYEE...his is an independent contractor! Follow the rules and there are no problems.

Why

AUTHOR: ANONYMOUS - (United States of America)

Why would you stay with a company that you felt that abused you so very badly.  The sad part about this is you are starting trouble amongst others with this company.

If you felt that you were being treated unfairly why did you NOT go to the sources and try to resolve what ever issues that you had.

This is not only slander but hurtful to others that do want to CONTRACT with the Company.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 you are very mean

AUTHOR: ladyharley - (USA)

#3 poster you are mean.  ACD is not the best company to work for as they promote agents to Leads because they don't have anyone to fill the position.  There are leads that don't help at all there are times in VCC when they don't even answer your questions and get angry when you're waiting for a response and post again.

#3 Rhonda has her moments, over all she is okay, so don't go trashing other people experiences like you are doing.l..

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Correction to initial complaint

AUTHOR: Gmom5 - (United States of America)

I would like to state that the initial complaint as some correct facts and some not so correct facts. you are charged a $30 fee for background check and unpaid training. the contract does state that the position is seasonal and there will be times you dont get calls etc.

The training is about 2 days BUT...you never start a new script or client without going through the certification class for that client as you have to learn the script and features for that script.

Some Team Leads were not helpful but I knew about Rhonda and she was by no means abusive. was always in the chat room and willing to help. The pay does stink and yes I agree that you do make less than minimum wage when you sit and calculate how much you earnings are.

Unfortunately, ACD Direct is not a full time gig that will help pay bills and get you through; its more of a extra pocket money gig. I did leave them because some of the shift requirements were not worth if for me to sit through and earn no money and I had found a steady paying work at home job that actually pays per hour.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ACD is a part time gig

AUTHOR: ladyharley - (USA)

Every work at home job as their SOP's (Standard of Procedures).  When I worked there, you are not Employees.................. you are an independent contractors.   The IC's that complain are whiners and criers and don't follow the company's rules.  They are not a rip off company.  Disorganized yes, high turn over rate, yes, but not a rip off.

Are You Kidding Me?

AUTHOR: Ten - (United States of America)

Sounds like to me that you weren't a very good agent. The scripts are all similar, the only difference would be the client name.

Rhonda is The Best Lead that ACD has.  I am quite certain she was not abusive to you at all.  It is just not in her nature.  She goes out of her way to help every agent, on or off her team, literally.  You just can't get any better than her, with any company.

If you had a bad experience with ACD I'm sure it was because of you, not because of what Rhonda or anyone that works with ACD have or have not done.

It is as simple as this, working with ACD is contracted work. You are an independent contractor.  Which mean you have to be able to work independently.  Which means, even though they do provide training, it is your responsibility to continue self training or you will fail.

That's what sounds like happened in your case.  Stop blaming other people for your own stupidity.

ACD Direct, other companies?

AUTHOR: mrsleo21 - (United States of America)

I'm very glad to find this out before replying to my interview email. I'm very interested in finding another job in this field at home.

I've read you stated you work with other companies you enjoy, may I ask which ones? Thanks for your time and looking forward to your response.

Know what you mean

AUTHOR: Karyn - (U.S.A.)

My husband was just fired by these people for my son's dog barking in the background, normally he is silent but something made him bark that particular moment and my husband got the axe by the company.

He too would put up with hours on end of sitting waiting for a call, putting up with emails and im's from supervisors who threatened his job around every corner, yet he forged on and kept trying to do the best job he could.

Truly for a company that work for charities this is not a very charitable bunch of people. What I can say is that I have a lot of years of management experience and NEVER would have treated my employees this way. Simply put it is unprofessional and totally uncalled for.

They will find every little thing in the book to throw at you in a negative way and very few times has he ever been praised. My husband is Disabled he cannot go out and work jobs like regular men do, they took away his ability to make a little extra to help pay bills. Thank You ACD Direct for kicking a man when he is already down.

Know what you mean