• Report: #382082

Complaint Review: ACN - ACN Communication Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2008

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
ACN - ACN Communication Services, Inc.
1000 Progress Place Concord, North Carolina U.S.A.

ACN - ACN Communication Services, Inc. New DSL Customer Was Totally Ripped off By ACN! Concord North Carolina

This past July I ordered a wireless modem & DSL service from ACN, but when I received the package from them it only contained a regular modem. Immediately I contacted ACN, and they then informed me that they do not carry wireless modems. I asked them why I wasn't told that they did not carry wireless modems at the time I ordered it, and they told me that they should have told me ... but of course in my case they didn't. I specifically asked for a wireless modem, because I do not have a phone jack in the room that my computer is in. I even have a witness that can testify to what I ordered, because he was with me at the time I placed the order.

The person I talked with at this time told me to return the modem, and that I would not be charged. I returned their modem within a few days of this phone call, but they have continued to bill me for the past 2 months for cancellation and various fees totaling around $288 in addition to my normal phone bill. I have called them on many occasions, and even wrote to them concerning why my bill has not be corrected. Basically they are refusing to correct their mistake, and I'm refusing to pay for a wireless modem that I did not receive, and for a high speed internet service that I could not use. It is criminal for a company to charge anyone for goods and/or services that they did not provide.

FYI> To reach anyone in customer service took a minimum of 45 minutes.
Their technical service was over an hour wait time, and it's located in India.
Maybe now you understand why nothing gets resolved by ACN. They count on people giving up on trying to reach them.

Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2008 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACN-ACN-Communication-Services-Inc/Concord-North-Carolina-28025/ACN-ACN-Communication-Services-Inc-New-DSL-Customer-Was-Totally-Ripped-off-By-ACN-Con-382082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACN - ACN Communication Services, Inc.