Complaint Review: ACN Communication Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 27, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 27, 2010

• Reported By: reff — Salt Lake City Utah United States of America
ACN Communication Services

ACN Communication Services, ACN Telecommunications You can make money in no time! Internet

I signed up for ACN about a year ago. I was invited by a neighbor to attend one of their meetings, my mom and I both went. My mom does several other Multi-Level Marketing businesses, and she's been doing really well with those, so we thought we would check it out. When we went to the meeting they showed the infamous dvd with Donald Trump on it, that was their biggest selling point, they dropped his name again and again during the presentation. After that, they had one of their top SVP's(Senior Vice President) which is the highest level you can get. He was only 26 years old, and lived in a nice house, and was filthy rich. And he made it very clear too, he kept talking about how much money he has and how nice his house is and all the cool gadgets he has, blah blah. He was way cocky.

So naturally I was impressed to see someone only a few years older than me who already was making tons of money. When we found out it was 499 for the startup fee, we pretty much told them "don't call us, we'll call you." But after several meetings with our neighbor and one of his upline, we signed up. They kept saying that it's only 499 to sign up. And that's true. However, in order to become qualified to make any money and to start moving up the ladder, you have to get 5 points. Each service, depending on what kind it is, is worth about 2 points. So they brokered us 2 cellphones with T-Mobile, DirectTv, Landline, a Verizon wireless air card, and the new video phone.

Now I'll admit, I think they have something going with the video phone, but you know that as soon as that starts launching off, apple will probably come out with a hi-tech way awesome video phone. So we were now qualified. But we were stuck in 2 year contracts for all the services they brokered. After doing extensive research, we realized that getting the services brokered through ACN wasn't any cheaper then getting them from the company directly. So pretty much no one that we talked to about it wanted to sign up. Because they already had phone service, and although they could just transfer their service to ACN and keep their same provider, they would have to cancel their contract and sign a new one with ACN. Yea Right!! Of course our upline didn't tell us this part.

So now we're stuck in contracts for crappy cell phone service and a ridiculously expensive wireless air card. The cell phone is through T Mobile, and where I live, T Mobile has bad service, and the air card is a complete joke, you have a 5 Gig limit for 59.99, YEAH RIGHT!!

Now we're coming up on our first year, and our upline calls us and tells us our YEARLY fee was gonna be due. WE HAD NO IDEA ABOUT A YEARLY FEE. It was 160.00 if I remember correctly. So I pretty much told him to bite me, and that he can forget about keeping us in ACN. He gave me the run-around about how important this was because of the economy, and that this business is the only way to make any decent money. All we did was invest money in it, and didn't make a DIME. So we're no longer in ACN, but still stuck with the brokered services for the remaining year

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 01:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACN-Communication-Services/internet/ACN-Communication-Services-ACN-Telecommunications-You-can-make-money-in-no-time-Interne-597151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACN Communication Services