Complaint Review: ACN Telecommunications

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Terry — Los Angeles California United States of America
ACN Telecommunications

ACN Telecommunications Deceptive, entrapping, poor customer service, non-responsive, scam Internet

I ordered home phone and internet service.  I had not been told the phone was a VOIP system (which does not work with my home/ADT security system).  Within about 9 days of ordering service, I tried to cancel it.  They wouldn't let me (telling me there was nothing to cancel because services hadn't been activated).  I told them I didn't want my phone service activated because my home security then wouldn't work.  They basically said "oh well".  They also told me that I was now under contract, having had to cancel service within 3 days of placing the order;  and that I would have to pay a termination fee of $200+.  They also told me they would not stop the porting of my phone number, and that once they had it, if I was to cancel with them, I'd lose my home number.  When I asked for a supervisor, they told me they'd have to "open a case", and I would have to wait 'til 6/24 for someone to call me back.  On the morning of 6/24, I called, after having heard from no one.  They said I needed to wait 'til the end of the day.  At 4:30 p.m., after hearing from no one, I called again and was told the office was closed.  I am now left with no home phone service or security system through the weekend.  Both Time Warner and Verizon said I should have 30 days to cancel after placing an order, but ACN only gives 3 days.  This has been the most awful experience I have ever had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACN-Telecommunications/internet/ACN-Telecommunications-Deceptive-entrapping-poor-customer-service-non-responsive-scam-745110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACN Telecommunications