Complaint Review: ACN

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: NotaJuiceDrinker — short Hills New Jersey U.S.A.
ACN
Concord, NC Concord, North Carolina United States of America

ACN Andrew and Mike Maser; Michelle Dowling Unethical Practices Concord, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: You Are Totally Wrong @ ACN...

*Author of original report: Thanks Diane G.!

*Consumer Comment: LINEAR INCOME MINDSET

*Author of original report: Thanks R. Michael Gonzalez for your unique and intriquing words...

*Consumer Comment: You Don't Get Rich Sitting On Your Couch!

*Author of original report: Michelle Dowling Has Done Everything She Can To Help Me

I had a friend call me up and ask me to come hear about how to make tons of money every month without having to work very many hours.  Naturally I was skeptical but I trusted my friend and he asked me to do him a favor by coming to an info session.  At the session I listened to Andrew Maser talk about how he was making all kinds of money every month and he's only been with ACN for 2 years.  They gave me a clip board after the talk and asked me to spend $499 to be involved.  I signed up after reading the fine print that I could cancel within 10 business days.

They told me to begin making calls immediately to invite all my friends and family members to an info session even though I hadn't been to training and knew absolutely nothing about the company.  The told me to stick to the script that said to ask people if they wanted to hear Patrick Maser tell them how he makes $250,000 a month.  They said if anyone asks any questions that I was not supposed to answer them, instead I was supposed to 3 way in one of the Maser brothers.  I called a few people and 2 people said they'd listen but they wouldn't give me a date when they would come.  So I decided to go to the info meeting to hear the pitch again even though I couldn't get anyone to come with me.  I was hoping to learn more about the company and I really wanted to hear Patrick Maser speak.

So I go to this meeting and much to my surprise Patrick Maser was no where in sight.  The woman giving the pitch was Michelle Dowling, one of my uplines who had been with ACN for 3 months.  That was the first sign that these guys were dishonest.  If I had gotten people to come with me I would have been extremely embarrassed that I promised them they'd be hearing from someone who had been with the company for 10 years and had make millions of dollars, and instead what we got was a rookie who wasn't making any significant money with the company.

After meeting with uplines and making more phone calls (and getting more nos), I decided I would have absolutely no success selling something I wasn't passionate about.  They want you to sell home services just on the basis that because you work for ACN your friends will sign up to do you a favor.  They tell you that your sales pitch needs to be focused on getting a favor since we cannot promise them any savings nor can we claim superior service.  I don't know about anyone else but I'd have a hard time selling something that had no value added except that you're doing me a favor.

I had a couple of Wall Street friends analyze the company and tell me their business model was great for upper management but that it is extremely hard for IBO's to make money since the commissions are so miniscule.  There is very little money to be made on the residual side unless you have 10's of thousands of dollars of customers.  Only 1% of ACN's IBO's make any significant earnings.  The following article lays out the commission structure:  www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Delivered/ACN/ACN%20MLM.htm  I called Michelle Dowling to tell her I was canceling.  She of course tried to talk me out of it and patched Andrew Maser in on our call.  He pushed me to go to training that weekend and I told him that I had only one day left to cancel (to get my $499 back).  He said not to worry about that - he would personally make sure that I was refunded the $499 if after training I still wanted out.  Michelle then proceeded to tell me how important the Maser brothers were and that they have a direct phone line to ACN and ACN does whatever they ask for.  She told me that Andrew would just make a call and I'd have my refund.  They told me I had absolutely nothing to loose.  I went to training that Sat. and all I heard about was how they want to help people at ACN.  That they are a completely altruistic company.  Then I heard a lot about how many cars, planes, houses the Maser brothers had.

I called Adrew Maser the following day and said that I still was not interested and wanted to cancel.  He again tried to talk me out of it.  I got off the phone with him and decided that I would text him the following day so he could stop wasting my time by giving the same sales pitch.  I  texted Andrew and Michelle on Monday and told them I'd like to get out and get my refund.  Silence from both.  So I began calling and texting.  Neither would return my call or text.  Then I sent a text to them and cc'd Patrick and Mike Maser.  I got a text from Mike telling me to call him.  I called him and for 15 minutes he yelled at me and bullied me.  I kept trying to get a word in edgewise and to tell him I had my mind completely made up.  His demeanor from the beginning was extremely aggressive and really unattractive.  I kept telling him that all I needed was the help they promised on getting my refund.  He said he did not own ACN and they could do nothing to get my refund.  By the end of the conversation I was bawling because he was so awful to me.

Maybe there are uplines at ACN that really have other's interests at heart but you will not find that with these people.  They have one thing on their minds and that is themselves.  Mike Maser kept telling me that making a couple million dollars a year was nothing and he did not consider that successful.  Not much humility there.  I'm not sure why a guy claiming to make millions of dollars a year would spend that kind of time bullying me.  It makes no sense.  All I know is that I am extremely disappointed with myself for ever getting myself mixed up with this.  I should have known better and I have wasted so much of my time and energy on this.

There is a reason why over the last 12 years 50% of ACN RVP's have the left the company.  People - please be careful with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACN/Concord-North-Carolina-/ACN-Andrew-and-Mike-Maser-Michelle-Dowling-Unethical-Practices-Concord-North-Carolina-1003520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACN

You Are Totally Wrong @ ACN...

AUTHOR: mark the shark - ()

i read your report/complaint and i don't agree at ALL....this company tells you that you get out what you put in...the most successful ones are the individuals that work it the hardest from the first day.  it's not the fault of ACN that you had cold feet after realizing that you were terrible at promoting your gatherings or maybe just have no friends.

i began ACN afer being approached by a client i train at a local gym.  i went to a saturday event, was treated like a VIP, and was sold totally.  after less than 2 weeks i already am receiving a bonus of $1,500 because i already signed up two more IBO's under me and have been given unlimited access to the most successful resources in the entire company.  BTW: i had over 20 at my first launch.  it's a numbers game, and hello, there are 7 billion people on this planet, so do the math, genius.

i signed up my brother as an IBO and he was having a hard time, so it didn't work out for him, but you would have to be FOOL not to see the growth potential of this company, which donald trump tried to buy and after failing, became the company's biggest endorser; this is the ONLY company billionaire donald trump has EVER endorsed outside his own companies.

you didn't put in enough effort...you loved what you heard enough to go to one of the main seminars; the fact you couldn't get anyone to go says more about you as an individual with an introverted social life than ACN!! please! and i also am certain that even though this is a $600 billion company that has received a legion of better business awards and also: those 50% you claim leave every year? you are totally correct.  they are leaving because, like me, when i joined they asked me why i was doing this, and money couldn't be the answer.

i told them how i had gone to college to study writing (journalism and enlish lit) and was an artist, and a writer in my heart and soul and wanted to get back to that...at the moment is am a personl trainer living a fabulous life in south beach, miami, FL...but writing was always my passion and i can't achieve that by doing personal training...i needed more and the timing was perfect and i got off to a fast start b/c i got outside my comfort bubble and just said SCREW IT and i'm smart as all these other super successful ACN drones (it is a little creepy in some ways, i will admit, but the money is NOT creepy..) and

speeking of $$$, it IS, you knew then and know now, RESIDUAL INCOME, which means: it takes time to build up substantial capital.  you couldn't wait or couldn't be bothered to do the dirty work, and you failed as a result, so BLAME YOURSELF, don't blame ACN...they are the best thing to happen to me and gave me the chance i needed to realize my dreams and i have to say, after less than a month: i am already closer to my dreams, again!!

YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER LAZY LOSER WHO BLAMES ANYONE BUT YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN"T FOLLOW THRU AND ACTUALLY ACCEPT SUCCESS!!! CRY ME A RIVER DUMB A**!

Thanks Diane G.!

AUTHOR: Ali - ()

I love how all of you juice drinkers make assumptions.  Not sure how I would receive that layoff notice since my company is my own.  And thank you for your concern but my 401k, IRA, kids' trusts, stock accounts, etc are all doing fine.  Oh, and that designer sofa is not for sale.  I need it for the 6 bedroom home I am closing on next month. Good luck Diane, let me know when you need a job, I have openings.

LINEAR INCOME MINDSET

AUTHOR: Quitters Never Win - ()

Reponse

From the your rebuttal you sound as if you are happy to be a linear income worker, who could come to work one day and have a lay-off notice on your desk.  With times becoming hard, you have exhausted all you money in the bank accounts and the 401K, is it time to see how much you get get for that designer couch in your living room now?

ACN is a scam but it exist in 23 countries.  Can you IMAGINE the redtape to get 23 government approvals that its okay for you to do business in our country?  Are you kidding me?  And for every letter, word, sentence generated of negativity about ACN if you spent the time into working your business would you not be successful?  All of the haters have not mentioned one word about personal growth and development.

Lot of the people who are negative about ACN have no development about the changes they need to make in themselves because they spend time pointing their fingers at others. They realize they actually would have to do something call -- CHANGE!!  ACN is a 20 year old company February 2013 and has billions of customers and still growing---nearly a billion dollar industry. They have appeared countless times in business periodicals (Success magazine, Wall Street Journal, INC magazine, Success From Home magazine, etc). Yet, they are a scam.

Besides the co-founders making money there are IBOs making money as well if they are willing to work for it.  These are people who have left corporate America employment.  They realized that no mattter how much good money they make it would require a 20-40 year of investment of time on the job.  They would spend away from their family and have NO freedom and lack of respect from their employer.  Most importantly, no matter how much they work they would never have residual income that no one could ever take away.

Diane G
Malaga, NJ

Thanks R. Michael Gonzalez for your unique and intriquing words...

AUTHOR: Ali - ()

but considering you know nothing of what happened you really can't comment now can you?  You sound like all the other broken ACN records out there that have joined the cult.  They are taught to say the same thing regardless of whether it applies or not.  I assure you nobody told me I'd get rich sitting on the sofa.  But a lot of ACN reps told me I would not have to work many hours in order to make lots of money.  In fact they told me over and over how they stay at home with their children and go on all the field trips.  Believe me, I know what it takes to make a lot of money as I have my whole career.  Was I blatantly lied to?  Yes, over and over again.  Did I know this was a scam from the beginning?  Of course.  But I read the fine print and knew I'd get my money back so I signed up so I didn't have to listen to the stupid sales crap they were laying on everyone that did not sign up.  It was absolutely insulting to my intelligence.  I have a real job making real money in a very respectable career.  I work extremely hard and only when I am finished working do I sit on my gorgeous designer sofa that I  bought by working in a real career.  I don't even have to make enemies, look like a fool, and have family members turn against me in order to make a living.  You should get off the sofa and try it Gonzalez.

You Don't Get Rich Sitting On Your Couch!

AUTHOR: R. Michael Gonzalez - ()

First of all thank you for the article (even if it is misguided) we do live in a country of free speech, I'm an ACN IBO and I have created a blog myself, for the purpose of clearing the record of misleading stories by unsuccessful and bitter reps who didnt belong in the MLM business in the first place.

I will not comment on any other IBO's as I was not there and I don't know the truth of those statements, But I can say of what I do know and the Maser's are some of the top reps in the business. So I can't imagine what you are saying is true.

The fact that you claim you joined because you were told you would make tons of money every month without having to work, well I've never heard anyone claim you'll get rich sitting on your couch, if they did I would not have even listened to them and you would not have either.

ACNIBO - Blog On The ACN Opportunity -  is a personal view of the business through my eyes, I agree with a lot and disagree with just as much, but the company and the opportunity are very real.

I was fortunate enough to have been brought into the company by the right people and have definitely joined the right team "Team Momentum" the fastest growing team in the company. My team is out of Montreal, Canada and I am in Orlando, Florida, USA, my sponsor is a friend who lives in Canada. They told me to go to an opportunity meeting after I joined just to see a little more of the business and I was totally turned off. It was exactly as many have said, a lot of BS and hype and a bunch of sheep just agreeing with everything the speaker was saying. I completely did not like the way that it seemed they were just trying to get people to put up the $499 and let them figure out what to do next (Just my opinion of how I saw it). Quite to the contrary, My team members or I, would never tell someone to put up any money, until they knew exactly what they needed to expect and exactly what they needed to do to make it work (Just like the vast majority of IBOs do). That is exactly why I started my blog. I wanted to do all of the research I could and have a place where my prospects could go and see everything before they made a decision. (Dont blame the company for the actions of a few misleading reps).

Unfortunately, there are unreputable people in the business, but there are unreputable people in every business you just have to be able to make decisions for yourself based on your own knowledge and beliefs. If a used car salesman rips you off for an overpriced lemon, do you blame the car manufacturer, NO. Just find another dealership with more honest people.

If you are even considering joining ACN, please visit my blog, it will let you know all of the facts. If you have been approached by another IBO, I am not trying to steal you. Please if you do join, sign through them, just know what you are to expect before you do.

Please click and visit my blog, it answers all of the questions on the ACN opportunity

Just browse through the posts and find objective articles explaining everything.

Thanks again for the article and commentary.

R. Michael - ACN IBO #02637585

Michelle Dowling Has Done Everything She Can To Help Me

AUTHOR: Ali - (U.S.A.)

I regret writing this post about Michelle.  She was simply echoing what Andrew Maser was saying because, like me, she trusted his words.  Her only crime was trusting him and I'm guilty of the same. She did not deserve to have that written about her.  She and her husband have been doing everything in their power to get my refund.  They are highly ethical people and pillars of their community.  They really would help anyone with anything and I am certain of this now.  They have been with ACN for a short period of time and have become extremely successful and that tells a lot about them.  They are kind and are willing to spend many hours with their trainees to help them.  Michelle simply had the misfortune to be involved in a conversation with Andrew Maser where he promised me something he could not deliver.  Michelle is extremely honest, and extremely hardworking.  I misspoke about her before I had the complete facts and that was wrong.  My opinion about Andrew and Mike Maser remains the same.