Complaint Review: ACN

• Submitted: Sun, July 19, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 11, 2009

• Reported By:spokane Washington
ACN
1000 Progress Place Concord, North Carolina U.S.A.

ACN ACN is charging me for a nonexistant service Concord North Carolina

* : ACN Video Phone

I did my brother a favor by signing up as a distributor with ACN, and ordered the video phone, and the digital phone service. I never opened the video phone because I do the same thing for free already with a netbook and skype, but like I said it was a favor, and was supposed to earn me "points". After 30 days and no dial tone I called Comcast to get my service back through them. They told me they would contact ACN about switching back to them and scheduled me for 07/17/09. On the 17th Comcast told me ACN would not release the number until 08/04/09. I called ACN to tell them I didn't want anything to do with any of it since I haven't had a dial tone since they took over the service. I told them that for $39.99 a month I expect to pick up my phone, turn it on, and hear a dial tone, so the service was not only never used, but never provided. I was told by the customer service rep that, I had clicked on the terms of agreement and was bound to a 2 year contract, and that it was going to cost me almost $200 to get out of it early. I told them, that's not going to happen since I've never had a dial tone, and I told them I was going to call my bank and block ACN from accessing my bank account. They told me if I did that they would send me to a collection agency, since yes was clicked on the terms of agreement that I was bound... Period. I then asked for an address to return the video phone since it was unopened. They told me that it was only returnable for the first 3 days, and they won't take it back now. This IS NOT A LEGITIMATE COMPANY. Do not do business with ACN under any circumstance. No legitimate business would refuse to take back an unopened product. As far as the phone service ACN has committed out in out FRAUD, since the service hasn't worked from the day It was "supposed" to be turned on. I have never had a dial tone, but my bank account hask been debited 39.99$ for a nonexistant service. This is not a business anyone should present to friends or relatives... period, Not only have they ripped my off, but they have committed fraud. NO LEGITIMATE BUSINESS WILL TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS THIS WAY.

Kevin
spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2009 03:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACN/Concord-North-Carolina-28025-2449/ACN-ACN-is-charging-me-for-a-nonexistant-service-Concord-North-Carolina-471207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACN

#1

ACN Video Phone

AUTHOR: Golden Angel - (USA)

As I am a consumer which is actually using the ACN Video Phone, I can't help but mention to this individual that he is in the wrong.  If he never opened the package and actually connected the Video Phone to the Internet, how was it that he would expect a dial tone?

We've been very successful with using the Video Phone with family and friends around the US and even in another country, and it has been a great experience for me and my wife.  She actually speaks and sees her disabled mother almost on a daily basis using this great technology.  I have family in the east coast that have been able to call us with another unit we purchased and have it sent from family member to family member, and it has been a great being able to see and meet new family members as nephews and nieces too.

I guess that I could understand his frustration with his regular phone not connecting to a digital service equipment that is made to work with the Internet and not regular phone lines, but if he would have spoken to his brother and/or to tech support he would have found this out.  Perhaps, next time he will actually open a package and read the installation instructions before trying to send any equipment back to the servicing company.  Good luck in the future.