Complaint Review: ACS Absolute Comfort

• Updated: Tue, June 24, 2014

• Reported By: n3WW — Houston Texas
ACS Absolute Comfort
12102 5th St, Houston, TX 77072 Houston, Texas USA

ACS Absolute Comfort A/C and Heating American Home Shield and ACS must be in cahoots! Houston Texas

I really believe American Home Shield and ACS Absolute Comfort have worked a deal. ACS gets an easy $75 and American Home Shield doesn't have any out of pocket.  A similar thing happened to my husband and I as the previous writer except the tech blamed it on us behind our backs.  He wouldn't tell us why AHS wouldn't OK the repair and took off.  I get a call back telling me the so called tech reported we broke the unit and will have to pay all out of pocket.  I was in shock and tried to rebut. However, the person at American Home Shield didn't care and wouldn't listen.  She said we could get another company out there in a few days at an additional $75 for a second opinion.  (It's August and we have already been without AC for 4 days!!)

ACS on 5th in Houston attempted to get my husband to set up an appt. to pay the full bill for a repair.  That was laughable!  It's a great deal for them.  They got $75 for the service call and, if the customer would fall for it, the full payment on the parts and labor.  We're not even convinced the diagnosis was correct based on internet reviews.  So...they don't have to take a cut rate as AHS would have given per their agreement, and American Home Shield is off scott free.  AHS makes homeowners believe they are paying for warranty when in reality the new blood has figured out how to scam policy holders.  After 15 years you are fired, American Home Shield!

Oh, and ACS has an F rating with BBB!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACS-Absolute-Comfort/Houston-Texas-77072/ACS-Absolute-Comfort-AC-and-Heating-American-Home-Shield-and-ACS-must-be-in-cahoots-Hou-1075449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACS Absolute Comfort