Complaint Review: ACS Collection Agency

• Updated: Sun, July 31, 2011

• Reported By: Daryn — Aurora Indiana United States of America
ACS Collection Agency
New York, New York New York, New York United States of America

ACS Collection Agency American Law Associates Collection Rip-Off up to $700! New York, New York

*General Comment: repeated phone calls

*General Comment: THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff

In Novemeber, I received threatening phone calls from foreign sounding collectors.  They accused me of fraud- specifically, cash advance fraud.  I was so frightened that I paid them over $700.  Well, it began to happen again a month ago in June.  The phone calls returned- this time at my work.  They've been calling every day hounding the secretary and leaving horrible messages.  The last message reveiled the caller as a representative of ACS.  I quickly took this knowledge and did an internet search.  I was shocked to see, here at the Rip-off Report, a long list of similar complaints.  I would love to not just put a stop to the harassment, but also find some justice for those, like me, that have had their money stolen by ACS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACS-Collection-Agency/New-York-New-York-/ACS-Collection-Agency-American-Law-Associates-Collection-Rip-Off-up-to-700-New-York-New-754474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACS Collection Agency

#1 General Comment

repeated phone calls

AUTHOR: Wolf In Soul - (USA)

I too, had this same problem..I finally had to change my phone number and instrust anyone who answered the work phone to tell them I do NOT accept personal calls at work.

#2 General Comment

THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME

AUTHOR: Crazihorses - (United States of America)

I APPLIED ONLINE FOR A  LOAN.. I NEVER WENT THROUGH WITH THE LOAN, ALL OF A SUDDEN I STARTED RECEIVING CALLS FROM FOREIGN SOUNDING MEN SAYING I RECEIVED A LOAN IN FEB FROM MY BANK OF AMERICA ACCOUNT// I ADVISED THEM I DID NOT APPLY FOR A LOAN IN FEB IT WAS DEC 2010 THEY STARTED YELLING AND CURSING AT ME// I KNEW THEN IT HAD TO BE A SCAM// I'M IN COLLECTIONS AS WELL SO I KNOW A SCAM// IF YOU KNOW FOR A FACT YOU DIDN'T APPLY FOR A LOAN DON'T BELIEVE THEM// ITS A SCAM

Ripoff

AUTHOR: Joseph Brown - (USA)

Hopefully you learned a very expensive lesson. You didn't say whether you'd actually taken out a cash advance loan, but whether you did or not, they found a sucker and will ride you to death. Please don't pay them again, just let the Indian(I'm positive) scammers rant and rave. Try laughing at them or as Stacey says, tell them you've put a death hex on them. Whatever, don't pay them again.