Complaint Review: ACS Inc

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Chan — santa clarita California United States of America
P.O. Box 7060 Utica,, New York United States of America

ACS Inc ACS Student Loan Avoiding Policy Utica, , New York

My loans have been in deferment since August 2010; because I have been in school part time. I'm currently enrolled at two different schools (based on course availability). I was told my loans are no longer in deferment because my enrollment status at each institution is less than part time. I spoke to a representative who tried to explain I need a letter from the school stating I'm enrolled part time. We went in circles for at least five minutes with me trying to explain if I'm at two different institutions one can't say I'm part time (when I'm not). I'm taking three units at one college and three units at another (totaling six which makes me a part time student). I asked if each institution sent enrollment verification along with my transcripts would that be sufficient. The lady kept saying I need one institution to write a certified letter saying I'm enrolled part time. I contacted both colleges I attend and was told their policy is that they won't verify other institutions enrollment. Federal Student Loan Deferment Policy states to qualify for deferment the person must be enrolled part time as a student. Nowhere in the stipulations does it say at the same college / institution. ACS is not following policy; theyre making up their own rules; and have workers who are providing inaccurate advice regarding college policies and procedures. Since there aren't boundaries set on how many colleges a borrower can attend the company needs to write guidelines and procedures for situations line mine. As opposed to having their representatives sound like parrots repeating the same scripted statement over and over again to borrowers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACS-Inc/Utica-New-York-13504-7060/ACS-Inc-ACS-Student-Loan-Avoiding-Policy-Utica-New-York-873882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACS Inc