Complaint Review: ACS Law Firm

• Submitted: Thu, October 14, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 15, 2010

• Reported By: Ms B — Richmond California United States of America
ACS Law Firm

ACS Law Firm Person with thick Indian accent stated his name was Johnny Lee Advance Cash USA and ACS Claim Money is Owed, But I Never Heard of Them , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Old Scam, New Name

I received several phone calls and voice messages from a man who called himself Johnny Lee from ACS Law Firm in Brooklyn NY. He had a thick Indian accent and stated that I owed $300 to Advance Cash USA. I told him that I never heard of them, and that I did not owe any money. The date he gave me for the direct deposit to my account was bogus. During that time, I did not need cash advance services. He called my best friend and informed her that I needed to call him. He threatened me with court if I did not settle this case. The call back phone number he gave me was 347-590-4535.

Today(10-14-10) I received another call from a man regarding Advance Cash USA with a thick Indian accent from the following phone number: +7602841432. This same man called me about 4 weeks ago and threatened me that I would be dragged into court. He hung up and would not allow me to talk.

This is a scam and I hope our US Government and Consumer Affairs will put a stop to this immediately. These calls are harrassing and threatening. No letters were ever sent to me from Adance Cash USA or from ACS Law Firm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2010 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACS-Law-Firm/internet/ACS-Law-Firm-Person-with-thick-Indian-accent-stated-his-name-was-Johnny-Lee-Advance-Cash-U-650918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACS Law Firm

Old Scam, New Name

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

These assholes are calling from India or Pakistan using fake american sounding names, their scam is To scare you into paying a "Loan' that doesn't exist.

Their Game plan is to scare you by threats like "Have the police at your door" or "Warrant has been signed" or "You're in big trouble", "You've committed BANK FRAUD" or similar lies.

They usually say they're from "The Department of LAW and Justice" or similar scary FAKE NAMES.

You're NOT in trouble, they're just good Liars, Pay them NOTHING, they're only Slimy thieves.

OR IF YOU WANT PROOF THEY'RE THIEVES Tell them to send you verification there's any "Debt" at all, if they start screaming at you, that's proof positive that they're just thieves.

When they call again tell them they're just thieves and hang up, they can't arrest you, It's just a scam.