Complaint Review: ACS Legal Group

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: JT — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
ACS Legal Group

ACS Legal Group Advance Cash America ACS Legal Group Scam Internet

I received an email from ACS Legal Group  yesterday. It said that I was delinquent in repaying a loan to Advance Cash America for $739. It apparently was the same threatening email that they send to a lot of people.  At first I fell for it - I replied to the email, giving them my cell number and asking them to call me the next day. Well of course they called. They offered to settle the debt for $300. If they accepted debit cards I probably would have paid it right then. The only form of payment they would accept is a Green Dot prepaid card. This was about the time I became suspicious.

After the call I checked my records and couldn't find any info on any loan with that company. I started looking online and came across a lot of sites that warn of this scam (including Ripoff Report). I just wanted to say beware if you get this email and thank you to Ripoff Report. You just saved me a pile of $$.

They are going to call me back tomorrow - I'm going to have some fun with them - lol

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACS-Legal-Group/internet/ACS-Legal-Group-Advance-Cash-America-ACS-Legal-Group-Scam-Internet-1044131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACS Legal Group