Complaint Review: ACS Legal group

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: Karen — winter haven Florida United States of America
ACS Legal group

ACS Legal group supposedly collecting a debt I owe to Advance Cash America this company sent me a letter telling me that in 48 hours...if i do not repay a loan to advance cash america...that they will put my social sec # on hold with hte government. the letter stated that th, Internet

*Consumer Comment: hey stacie, why don't you shove it

*Consumer Comment: scammers

I received an email from a company called ACS legal group. It said that I owed a company called advance cash america money from a loan i took out, that the amount i owe is $570.00. I got the email at 7:30 am and that i only have 48 hours to respond. If I do not respond within 48 hours to resolve the matter,,,,they would put my soc. sec. # on hold with the government and sue me in the amount of $3,600.00. They provided a phone # of 860-787-5300. when I called the number...a voice mail came on telling me the customer not available. It sounded like a persons cell phone #.

This email has caused me great distress!!! what can I do to resolve this matter? I have received many phone calls from people that are obviously in India or the middle east.They call me day and night wanting to loan me money and car loans and on and on. One man tried to get me to buy one of those green dot cards and give him the number on the card and in return promised me a $5,000.00 loan. my husband told me that was a scam and I did not fall for it fortunately. I think I may contact an attorney to see what I can do. They called me one time from california at 4:30 their time amd told me someone was suing me and they would not tell me why unless I called their 1-900 phone number. I didnt fall for that either.

I was very concerned at first because I did take a loan from a company called advance america (notice the word "cash" was not in the middle) and I thought maybe my payment to them was not receive. However, I checked at their website and it said my loan was paid in full a week ago.I think I may change my phone number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACS-Legal-group/internet/ACS-Legal-group-supposedly-collecting-a-debt-I-owe-to-Advance-Cash-America-this-company-se-991572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACS Legal group

hey stacie, why don't you shove it

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

where the sun don't shine, butt knowing you the sun has shined on it. no I don't work for bob from irvine

scammers

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

That is all they are - you are not going to be sued without proper notification and an email is not - Look them up here - they are trying to get free money by these means.  Don't worry - tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine!

Asia