• Submitted: Thu, June 27, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Stick To Your WORD — No
12 Price Street Nationwide Australia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Absolute Rubbish

Highly Dangerous and Dodgy Dealers!!

These lot are a complete bunch of scammers. They claim to be a caring family company but their dodgy 'yet charming' deals will leave you out of pocket. The guys behind the phone calls could convince you butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. But when it comes to coughing up for the bill or work done, theres always a catch with these blokes.

On two seperate occasions I was caught out by these b****rds and It haunts me they are doing this to people over and over again, right in the middle of Price Street Southport!

Action Tyres and More!
How could you??? :(

First of all they fitted one of my tires without the centre balancing ring which basically locks the tyre to the car, heavy vibrating 250km later after 3 hours of driving on this super dangerous wheel, i was travelling at around 110km on the motor way and the pull in my front right hand wheel almost threw me into the solid concrete gaurd railing!

I called to let them know and they more or less told me to deal with it and take it somewhere else next time. [continued below]....

..... The next incident was connected to the first! Because of their dodgy work I hit a drain on the highway causing a welt in my rim which i didnt notice until returning home after my huge journey.spoke with Rob and Matt on the phone and they seemed more than happy to replace the rim under insurance.

They specifically said, "yes it is fine, we will replace it and wait for the cheque in the mail from Allianz." After making the call to allianz infront of me they confirmed this process and ordered the rim.

The day before i had to travel to canberra in my car at 7am the next day, they decided to flip the process and GET ME TO PAY FOR IT TOO I knew they had already placed the claim with Allianz.

Super sneaky.

Anyway I battled with them over it and they said they "Forgot" they already made the claim, gave me my rim and i got out of there as quick as i could without looking back. I'm going to take this case to the ombismun and hope he can help further. Dodgy Dealers! Watch out for Action Tyres and More Southport!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 03:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACTION-TYRES-MORE-SCAM-SOUTHPORT/nationwide/ACTION-TYRES-MORE-SCAM-SOUTHPORT-AKA-SCAM-RIP-OFF-DODGY-ACTION-TYRES-AND-MORE-BAD-SERVI-1062450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACTION TYRES & MORE SCAM SOUTHPORT

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Absolute Rubbish

AUTHOR: Action Tyres & More - (Australia)

Cameron, please stop publishing untruths about our company all over the internet. We have no idea why you have come to the conclusion that we ripped you off in any way. We have never taken a cent from you? Our only dealings with you was quoting on a replacement wheel for one that was damaged in an accident (which we had no involvement in).  We told you that your best bet would be to put the wheel claim through your insurance as it was expensive. You asked us to order the wheel, which we did and then when you came in to have it fitted, we called your insurer to arrange an authorisation number for payment but they said that you had not yet made a claim. We explained to you that you would need to either submit the claim with your insurer that day so that we could get confirmation that the insurer was going to pay or pay for the rim yourself that day and then organise to be reimbursed by your insurer. We are not in the business of giving away wheels for free?? You got agitated and walked out without the wheel and leaving us to foot the handling charge and freight for returning the wheel to our supplier.

We have no idea what issues you refer to with your vehicle. We have never touched your vehicle? We would put our hands up and admit it if we were at fault and would do everything necessary to get you back on the road as swiftly as possible but in this instance, we have no involvement.

It would be appreciated if you could go back to the clear facts and retract all of the untruths that you have published here as well as on google and all of the other websites.

We are a family business that prides itself on its honest, reliable service. It is extremely disheartening to have this reputation tarnished by one person who has either gotten terribly muddled up with the facts or has an ulterior motive.

We are happy to discuss the incident with your further should you wish. You have our number.