containing

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Tony — BRIGHTON Michigan United States of America
ACTIVE Advantage
10182 Telesis Court San Diego, California United States of America

ACTIVE Advantage Active.com Maybe it's not Fraud but it for sure a scam! San Diego, California

*UPDATE Employee: ACTIVE Advantage Membership Program

*Author of original report: Active.com update

I received an email that said "Your premium membership has been extended for 12 months at $59.95" which sounded harmless enough...but then I said to myself "I never signed up for a membership with ACTIVE Advantage...and who the heck is Active Advantage?"   I almost deleted the email assuming it was a email phishing scam until I read they used "My card on file".  This really freaked me out.  Of course the email does not give you a phone number to call, just a generic email address. So I went online and looked them up only to find most of the links were to complaint pages and anti-scam websites.  It seems that if you work with a charity or running event, when you donate or sign up, Action Advantage adds a box (that apparently nobody sees) to get a free trial membership.  They use the card you donated with, or signed up with, to then bill you later.  Now I am very careful to unclick all boxes before I submit, in fact I did that on this site.  I also tried calling them only to find out they do not work on Presidents Day; so I have to call again tomorrow to find out how to get this bogus charge removed.  I have read that people do get their money back, and I am hopeful I will to.  I will say that even if I get my money back and this is a legit business, I will never use them or donate to a charity or event that is affiliated with them.  My impression of Action Advantage is a shameful company using awful business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACTIVE-Advantage/San-Diego-California-92121/ACTIVE-Advantage-Activecom-Maybe-its-not-Fraud-but-it-for-sure-a-scam-San-Diego-Califo-1016337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACTIVE Advantage

ACTIVE Advantage Membership Program

AUTHOR: ACTIVE Levi - (United States of America)

Hi Tony,

As a member of the ACTIVE Advantage team Id like to apologize for the
confusion. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable membership experience by making
it cheaper and easier for members to participate in their favorite activities
and events. It appears that your experience has not been ideal. Therefore, Im
glad to know that your refund is already in the works. We strive to provide the
best possible service to our members and happily abide by our Satisfaction Guarantee.

If you have questions, or need to get in touch with us about your Advantage
account, email us at ACTIVEAdvantage@ACTIVE.com
or call us at 866-561-0647 (Mon-Fri, 7am - 5pm PT). Thank you.

Active.com update

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

The good news is that Action.com (Action advantage) did process a refund and I should get it in 5 to 10 days.  This seems like a common issue with this company since anytime I asked a question about how this happened they quickly said "we work with w lot of companies, but I'll put through the credit now".  It looks like this charge was in connection with an after school activity I signed my son up for.  (by the way the program was for NASA for kids, not what you would expect a runners/activity website would be involved with) I am very disappointed that a public school community program would allow a for-profit business to operate this way.  I would expect this type of business practice from a on-line store but not from a school/community education website, that's just poor taste to say the least.  So in short, it was a real company, I have a credit in process, Action.com business practices, in my opinion, are inappropriate, I will never use their services or company, and I will no longer support any school program or fundraiser that uses them.