Complaint Review: ACTIVE PERIODICALS, MAILBOX MAGAZINES

• Submitted: Sun, March 18, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, March 18, 2007

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
ACTIVE PERIODICALS, MAILBOX MAGAZINES
450 SW 12TH DEERFIELD, Florida U.S.A.

ACTIVE PERIODICALS AKA MAILBOX MAGAZINES Dont want to be another victim DEERFIELD Florida

I can only fault myself for being so gullible on this one. Yesterday morning I received a call from a rep claiming to be with Publishers Clearing House. He called me by my first name which should have been a red flag for me. Articulate and smooth was he.. he didn't stumble over a sentence..claiming that I was in the drawing for the sweepstakes.

I let him go on and on.. until he could sense I was waiting for the pitch... Get the magazines for as little as $3.45 a week, he told me... and I could cancel at anytime. Oh yea..and I would get this Movado style watch.. with a diamond. Then he gets a third party verifier on the phone with me.

The third party verifier is talking so fast.. I have to sit up in the bed.. and ask her to repeat everything.. At first she said I would get billed 4 mos at a time for $59.80...[mind u.. im partially sick w/ a cold and not fully in my right mind obviously]. Later after reviewing what I scratched down on paper, She was talking about 36 mos and 60 mos contracts.

I will be calling to cancel this first thing Monday.. I tried calling the number later that day.. but got only vm. This company calls itself Mailbox Magazines.. but I think it switches names and has to be linked to ACTIVE PERIODICALS...

I think I will follow the advice of anothe poster.. tell them you dont have a bank account or a credit card and say 'ta ta.

Nia

Nia
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2007 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS-MAILBOX-MAGAZINES/DEERFIELD-Florida/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS-AKA-MAILBOX-MAGAZINES-Dont-want-to-be-another-victim-DEERFIELD-Florida-239532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACTIVE PERIODICALS, MAILBOX MAGAZINES

slave