Complaint Review: ACTIVE PERIODICALS

• Submitted: Wed, May 04, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 04, 2005

• Reported By:jersey city New Jersey
ACTIVE PERIODICALS
PO BOX 118, DEERFIELD BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

ACTIVE PERIODICALS RIPOFF NO MAGAZINES RECEIVED AND TREATEND ME FOR COLLECTION & CREDIT REPORTING DEERFIELD BEACH Florida

I have received a call early august of 2004 & fooled by giving my credit card number, they have promised me a 5 yrs free subsciption and only one time payment of 120 something as i remember & a chance to win 50,000 dollars sweepstake. So, i took and they charged my credit card for 39.99$ for that day and again on the following month, but i havent received any magazines from them. I called the first number that they gave me which is P#405 728 5098 and its always a machine who answers, so I have no way of resolving these case or my problem. What I did is called my credit card company and made a report on the company (active periodicals), my credit card immediately made the investigation and called up the company and after 3 weeks they have disputed my money back & then thats the time someone from Active Periodicals gave me a call and harasses me about the money i refunded from my credit card. She was nicely asking me of the problem and told them that i havent received any magazines from them, and she said that she will make sure i'll received them,but I already changed my mind for getting the magazine when they told me that i have to pay $$649.82 $$ for all in 4 payments & they are persistent to get the money & askingme about my bank account/credit card/cah for me to pay them, i said i dont want the magazines and thats final.

As of now they have been sending me the bill but no magazines and now they finally sending me a COLLECTION AGENCY & treatening me on my credit report..PLEASE HELP ME!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THEM NOT TO RUINE OR MAKE ANY BAD CREDIT REPORT ON MY CREDIT
john

John
jersey city, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2005 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS/DEERFIELD-BEACH-Florida-33443-1188/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS-RIPOFF-NO-MAGAZINES-RECEIVED-AND-TREATEND-ME-FOR-COLLECTION-CREDIT-RE-141554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACTIVE PERIODICALS