Complaint Review: ACTIVE PERIODICALS

• Updated: Sat, August 29, 2009

• Reported By: Erin — Elkins Arkansas USA
ACTIVE PERIODICALS
PO Box 1188 Deerfield, Florida United States of America

ACTIVE PERIODICALS The compnay listed will rip you off, they offer a $1000.00 shooping spree for sigining up but the items on the website are cheap. Deerfield, Florida

I received a call from Active Periodicals advising if I ordered magazines from there compnay I would receive a $1000.00 gift certificate to use on a web site. The web site was full of cheap, worthless things.

Several months after I started to receive the magazines, I got another phone call from the company on Feburary 5th, asking if I wanted to lower my monthly payment from $53.34 to $49.90. So I agreed, who wouldn't want a lower payment? The truth of the matter is the company then started to charge my account twice a month for the two amounts listed above. I called the company and spoke to a representative e about the problem, she was rude and unprofessional with me. She said let me play back the phone call that you aggreed to the terms on.

She played back the phone conversation to me, but the only part that was recorded was the clip where I agree to the terms of the contract. I asked her where the beginning of the conversation was where I specifically asked if the $49.90 would replace my existing payment of $53.34. She said that she didn't have that recorded. How convient.

Further more, I had been recieveing bills from magainze companys that are suppose to provided under my contract.

The company and their customer service department treated me very unprofessional and I am extremely dissatisfied with the service they provided, not to mention they want me to pay them almost $1500.00 dollars for the "contract" that I have dishonored.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2009 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS/Deerfield-Florida-33443/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS-The-compnay-listed-will-rip-you-off-they-offer-a-100000-shooping-sp-486962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACTIVE PERIODICALS