Complaint Review: ADAM SUMMER

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Private — West Hollywood California United States of America
ADAM SUMMER
Internet, California United States of America

ADAM SUMMER Watch out for this personal trainer. He's a scam artist and will also try to sell you steroids. He takes steroids and tries to get his clients on them Internet, California

*Consumer Comment: references

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Adam Summer's Response to these False Accusations

*Consumer Comment: In My Own Words....

*Author of original report: 2 sides to every story

*Consumer Comment: -

Watch out for this personal trainer.

He will also make you prepay for training (30 days in advance) and if you have to cancel because of health reasons or scheduling (because it's always his schedule), he will not give your money back. I never signed anything at all. He changes his "rules" constantly and if you can't comply then the client is screwed

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADAM-SUMMER/Internet-California-90069/ADAM-SUMMER-Watch-out-for-this-personal-trainer-Hes-a-scam-artist-and-will-also-try-to-917130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADAM SUMMER

references

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

When Adam gives you his clients for references, make sure to get the contact info for ex clients, Mardi Kari and Todd Dwyer

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Adam Summer's Response to these False Accusations

AUTHOR: ASummer - ()

I would like to formally rebut a post made on July 25, 2012 and updated on March 12, 2013.  This post is patently false and both slanderous and, defamatory with unfortunate impacts to both my personal and professional life. I had hoped that I could remove this post through other means but due to the policies of Ripoff Report this process is harder than I anticipated. I continue to work on removing this post but in the interim I would like to address both of the accusations made in the post:

• Steroid Use: I have never and will never promote or use steroids. My training philosophy is based on a belief that with proper training and nutrition anyone can achieve optimal fitness. I focus on long term lifestyle changes with a goal of achieving lean toned muscles. I view steroids as a shortcut that neither promotes long term sustainable fitness nor lean muscle.
  • Payment 30 days in advance:  More lenient than industry standard I charge at the end of the month based on the amount of sessions that I provided. Furthermore, I have a 24 hour cancellation policy which is verbally agreed upon with my clients prior to creating a training relationship. Although in practice I usually allow more leniency depending on the circumstances. My policy on health based cancellations is at least one hour advanced notice. I have never had any problems with any clients regarding this policy and this can be verified by a reference check with any of my current clients.

I believe that this post was made by a former client of mine who unfortunately became inappropriately obsessed with me leading to charges by the city of Los Angeles for felony harassment for actions taken against my fiancé and me.  This anonymous post was written shortly after the bulk of the harassment occurred and after a restraining order was filed in what I can only assume was a desperate attempt at retaliation.  I am happy to provide former and current clients as references upon request.  Please email me at adamsummerpersonaltraining@gmail.com if you have any questions, comments, or corncers or would like to speak to any of my clients.

In My Own Words....

AUTHOR: Todd.D - ()

This is the client that is referenced above. I support Adam Summer 100%. Liked stated, he helped me drop 12 pounds the first month and another 28 pounds by the end of month four. Besides his knowledge of fitness, he truly cares about his clients results. I have probably worked with 8 trainers though out my life and Adam hands down is number one on that list. All this was done with a lot of hard work by Adam and myself. At 44 years old, he had me in the best shape of my life. I am forever grateful for his support, guidance and friendship.

I truly have the utmost respect for Adam and wouldn't hesitate to refer him to anyone.

Sincerely,

2 sides to every story

AUTHOR: Private - (United States of America)

god forbid you piss adam off... blah blah blah. there are 2 sides to every story.  still doesnt justify him using and promoting steriods to his clients.   its a known fact that he does.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

I am writing solely to clarify the report above. I would like nothing more than to share more about the author of the report above and what he has done to Mr. Summer, but Adam begged me not to, in fear it would hurt this mans reputation, he also asked me to not respond at all. Asked me not To  share the details of what the author of the above  post, did to Adam who is a kind, innocent, young individual with a vast talent for training.

I would love to share this mans name and explain how after Adam stopped training him how Adam himself turned down the chance to file felony harassment charges against him, because of the threats he made against adam. The police almost forced him to press charges, but he asked them not to. Furthermore, he asked me not to respond to this post as well, but I cannot allow his name to be tarnished. The author of this report lost 40 lbs and took his body fat from 33 percent or something to like 7 percent in nine months. Adams training methods and nutrition knowledge can not be argued with nor can his kindness and loyalty. I pray for Adam every day, nobody of such a kind heart deserves what occurred to him. I apologize to Adam in advance for he will surely be livid with me if he finds out I posted a response.