Complaint Review: ADIPOSE RX

• Updated: Fri, February 06, 2009

• Reported By:Herndon Virginia
ADIPOSE RX
adiposerx.com Internet U.S.A.

ADIPOSE RX ADIPOSE RX unauthorized recurring charge to my checking account via stolen debit card number Internet

I discovered an unauthorized charge to my checking account in the amount of $34.84 , dated 02/02/2009 and a companion charge for an international service charge in the amount of $0.70 , also dated 02/02/2009. My bank provided me with the phone number of the company that made the charge for a third party, ADIPOSE RX. The number is 800-430-1529 . The company which made the charge (on behalf of ADIPOSE RX) told me that it was a monthly recurring charge and offered to refund both charges ($34.84 and $0.70) as well as cancel the monthly charge. I quickly received e-mail notices that the charges and recurring charge arrangement have been canceled. I am expecting a refund in a few days from today (02/06/2009).

My bank's fraud department told me that my debit card number was used, rather than my checking account number, to make the charges. They canceled my debit card.

I advise you to check your checking account statements for such unauthorized charges and take the actions I took if you have been similarly defrauded.

Jim
Herndon, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2009 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADIPOSE-RX/internet/ADIPOSE-RX-ADIPOSE-RX-unauthorized-recurring-charge-to-my-checking-account-via-stolen-debi-421172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADIPOSE RX