Complaint Review: ADT Alarm Systems

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: UsernameAnon — Oklahoma City Oklahoma United States of America
ADT Alarm Systems
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

ADT Alarm Systems ADT Harassment, fraud, fraudulent, expensive, insecure, signature Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Customer Relations

I recently began researching security systems for my rental home. I thought ADT would be worth the added cost, as their customer service seemed to be outstanding. My only issue through the sales process was that he seemed uncomfortable with me reading through the contract. However, the terms of the contract have not yet been an issue despite the 3-year term totaling $1700.00, and I agreed to them.

A man I won't name here came out to provide my initial service. He seemed nice enough, and apologized when he did something that made me uncomfortable. I called a friend over after he then began repeatedly telling me how lonely his job was. I had to request that he allow me to put in my code privately. I thought I saw him watching, though, so I just tried to be polite and decided I would change the alarm code after he left.

The instructions I received to change the code did not work, so I called ADT to change it by phone. The lady I spoke with had trouble helping me change my code and determined that he had programmed me in as a secondary code, and that "next time" I needed to request that my service provider give me the master code, as she said he should have done initially. While scheduling my next service date, she had to verify that I was the account holder. However, whenever my angry boyfriend called and changed the date to something that he didn't know didn't work for me, they failed to realize that he wasn't authorized on the account- twice!

This all made me very uncomfortable, so I decided to cancel my contract, which had to be done by 11/14. I called on 11/13, but was told that cancellations go through the local office and that they were closed for the day. I called the local branch the next day and was told that I needed to fax in written notice of my cancellation.

She told me to simply put that I cancelled my contract, my address, and sign it, which seemed very simple. So, I looked through my paperwork to verify that this was the procedure, and sure enough, I found an official cancellation form. I did as I was instructed and faxed the paper she requested, as well as the cancellation form. Both were completed in full, dated, and signed. However, they are now claiming that I faxed it un-signed, but they are unable to provide a copy of the un-signed request, as they never received an un-signed copy.

I will update this report as the situation furthers itself. I am livid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2012 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Alarm-Systems/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73128/ADT-Alarm-Systems-ADT-Harassment-fraud-fraudulent-expensive-insecure-signature-Oklaho-972493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Alarm Systems

ADT Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Mike - (USA)

Good Evening, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about the experience you have gone through with our company and would like to see what I can do to assist you further. Please send your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to you. Thank you. -Dan