Complaint Review: ADT Home Security Services

• Updated: Tue, February 09, 2010

• Reported By: Andrew — cocoa Florida United States of America
ADT Home Security Services
Internet, Florida United States of America

ADT Home Security Services Worst customer service ever. Cancellation is nearly impossible. Internet, Florida

*General Comment: Just my considered opinion.........

We had ADT for 2 years and never had an issue until we tried to cancel them.  The didn't inform us of the cancellation fee, We are military and I received a Permanent change of duty and they did not inform us that we could send them our orders and waive the cancellation fee. They sent us a bill and we called and they told us not to pay it. A month later we received another bill with a late fee we called again and they told us not to pay it because the cancellation had not went through. I sent them my orders a week ago and they still haven't received it or they loss it. I faxed them my orders today and they can't even tell me if they received my fax. One of the customer service reps said we couldn't pay them the other customer service lady let us make a payment. One of thier customer service reps said they reported us to the collecting agency the other said they haven't. They have no clue what is going on and they have the worst customer service that any company can have! Multiple people on the BBB website has wrote reviews regarding this security company. I strongly recommend staying away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Home-Security-Services/Internet-Florida-/ADT-Home-Security-Services-Worst-customer-service-ever-Cancellation-is-nearly-impossible-566327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Home Security Services

#1 General Comment

Just my considered opinion.........

AUTHOR: Adolph - (USA)

The ADT commercials amuse me. The scenario shown is a breaking window or similar "intrusion". Next is shown the ADT operator "calling the (local) police". Yeah, sure. Theyre in a distant "call center" and thats ALL they can do. Call the police. How about saving a whole lot of money and dialing 911 YOURSELF?

Unless a persons alarm system is cellular based, all the intruder has to do is cut the phone line. (Unless its a dedicated alarm line, read $$$) That totally disables any phone line dialer based security system.

My summer residence is unoccupied all winter, and thats where most of my goodies and toys are to be found. For less than the price of an ADT system, I have a GSM cellular security system monitored by a LOCAL security company. This company has vehicles of their own in town which can (but not always) respond to an alarm condition. I was obliged make a one time purchase of the cellular transmitter system, but am on a month-to-month contract with a monthly expense considerably less than the ADT (and most other national "security" companies). No contract. No phone line, and with a battery back-up in case of power loss. A loss of signal from my GSM cellular based system ALSO triggers an alarm condition. Waaay superior to a DEDICATED land line alarm system and a fraction of the price.

In an intrusion alarm or "no heat" condition they call appropriate numbers according to each event. The system "temperature" alarms if the temperature drops below 45 degrees. For the peace of mind this provides Id pay 4X what it currently costs. ADT? Only call the police IF the phone line isnt cut? What a deal!