Complaint Review: ADT Home Security

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Rowanrixby — Carlsbad California USA
ADT Home Security
San DIego, California United States of America

ADT Home Security ADT.com ADT Home Security system is Expensive Troublesome POS San DIego, California

*Consumer Comment: online prices

After owning a $2500 ADT home alarm system, it has been nothing but trouble and expense.  DO NOT place this troublesome system in your home.  Here's the list of problems I've had:  I have had numerous false alarms which interrupt my work on human hearts, somewhat important work, huh?  The keypads are designed that only an engineer or ADT tech know the sequences of codes to produce a desired result: Very user unfriendly - in fact - the best you can hope is that you can arm and disarm the thing (and I also work with complex high-tech medical technology that most people only see on a PBS special).  But my ADT system is the most complex thing in my life.  Imagine someone who reads ECG's and works in complex cardiology admitting that.  Do you think you'll figure it out?  The last straw was tonight:  My granny flat system keypad started chiming at 1AM to the chagrin of my renter.  ADT was able to tell me over a phone call how to shut it off, since disarm code did nothing.  It went off ten minutes later.  A subsequent call shut it off again, but ADT wanted me to locate the battery box and power transformer now.  I had to then crawl through the attic to locate the battery box, which was locked by the installer, who never gave me the key.  I easily pulled the locked door open, and unplugged the battery, but the pad still had power from a transformer I couldn't locate.  I finally had to rip the console off the wall and pull the control wires out to silence it.  I am having the tech come Monday to locate this transformer and kill the system.  I will remove my console and wallboard the holes.  I'm done, and out $2500 (not counting the monthly service fees).  I am also an ex-military vietnam vet, and over-qualified on anything that shoots ammo. So, I also own a dog, (and shoot more than "well") several semiautomatic weapons, which are far more effective than a chirping alarm at taking down an intruder.  THAT is what I am protecting my family with now.  You can buy alot of ammo and a few semiautomatic weapons with $2500.  DO NOT buy one of these POS systems.  You will regret it.  It's nothing but frustration, aggravation and expensive trouble.  Mine is going into the landfill after Monday.  And appropriate warning signs as to MY  deadly qualifications will replace those stupid ADT signs.   And...I never miss, not at work and not at home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 02:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Home-Security/San-DIego-California-92123/ADT-Home-Security-ADTcom-ADT-Home-Security-system-is-Expensive-Troublesome-POS-San-DIego-964091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Home Security

online prices

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Install your own system from online sellers for a fraction of their rip off cost.