• Report: #820240

• Reported By: terry — Austin Texas United States of America
ADT Security Services
14200 E. Exposition Ave. Aurora, Colorado United States of America

ADT Security Services Saleman lies to get contract, Aurora, Colorado

I was recommended to get ADT security for my plant nursery, by a fellow business owner after a rash of nursery robberies.  I called ADT and a salesman came out to talk to me.  I was very clear from the beginning, that I was on a year to year lease and could very likely lose my lease after a year and a half.  The salesman said that would be no problem, if I lost my lease, I would not owe any early termination fees.

I did lose my lease after a year and a half and I gave my 30 days notice.  I was told on the phone that I would have to pay the early termination fee, of almost $500.  I wrote a letter to the president and got a message from corporate office, on my answering machine.  I called back 3 times and left my cell number, as I was about to cancel my business land line.  They never returned my calls and I continue to get invoices for canceling the service.

ADT Security Services like other business services, such as merchant services, seem to think it is OK to lie to you, so that you will sign a contract.  Yes, I should have gotten in writing, but the salesman told me that losing your lease was a reason to terminate 3 year contract, without being penalizing.  I did not think that a national company such as ADT would use lying tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2012 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security-Services/Aurora-Colorado-80012/ADT-Security-Services-Saleman-lies-to-get-contract-Aurora-Colorado-820240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security Services